Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

44 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

This possession football just allows the opposition to get into shape and stay there, especially as our players seem reluctant to take a chance on and off the ball. Getting the ball forward quickly to your attacking players gives them the chance to attack a defence on the backfoot. How many times recently have our players been able to run at a defence that isn't camped on the edge of the box? I understand drawing the opposition out but that is no good if you have no movement and pass so slowly.

I have enjoyed listening to Rowett, he seems to be in tune with what is needed and I expect us to be much more aggressive and positive when we have the ball. Hearing what Nugent said made me think the players will enjoy it more too!

Certainly with our defenders/build up players we have made it impossible to draw the opposition out and then hit them quickly.

Cyrus, Shackell, Pearce and Olsson haven't hit a quick pass since they signed a contract!! So they slow us right down and as you say, the opposition just drift side to side in shape. It can take 10 touches to get from Cyrus to Olsson. The ball absolutely has to stop at every player on its way. This can mean that player A will literally take it off Player B's toes to pass to player C. Why couldn't A go to C himself? If B is taking over because he's so much better on the ball then why is he only passing to C? If A can't do that then he needs to be sold/released asap. 

It was the exact same under Clement. Pointless passing that you can't even claim as drawing the opposition out because they just drift side to side in shape. Slowly push up and up closing in on the defenders until it becomes impossible for us to pass. 

Is this what Mac/Clement wanted? God, I hope not.

But they don't have the players to move the ball quick enough to pull the opponents out of shape. 

Mac at least has the excuse that the slowest passes with the exception of Cyrus are all Clement signings. Which is why I wanted him to have more time. Clement's excuse would obviously be that he's learning his trade and the league. 

I just hope Rowett doesn't start asking defenders to force it forward too quick. Too quick means long. Then we're back at Nigel Pearson. Too fast for our midfield that are built to play some bloody good stuff when they get it early enough and do away with this "the chances will come" attitude. 

Argh! I hated it when our players, Mac and Clement said that. "We know with our attacking players we will always create chances"... they say after it took an hour to have a decent effort. Like you basically just let the forwards do their thing and it rains goals. Totally ignoring the skill and speed and aggression and understanding that we had in 13/14

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't have a season ticket... It's more than a few quid for the home and away memberships.. Your 4, for whatever reason, would have not got you a ticket.

Plenty of home season ticket holders who never leave Derby.. Nowt special.

I do agree that those who travel to the most away games should get priority.. 

Hear hear ?

Guys, the bloke currently winning this poll (@FACupGuy) for free FA Cup semi final tickets is a Forest fan. I think it's our duty to assure we never see a Forest fan at Wembley. I think @BenWinfield98 is currently the closest to him in votes 

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look i am season ticket holder and away member been to at least 18 away games this season so dont come crying because you missed out on tickets but do think there should be a cut of point in people buying away membership.

How much are away memberships B4 ? Just out if interest !

7 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

My comment about the Away Supporters Club was criticising that club you can join for a few quid whose name I'm still not sure of, without even having a season ticket, and which gets you priority access to tickets. 

It's still no guarantee.

I'm a STH with 9 away games under my belt. Sadly nepotism dictated who received a Forest ticket through the supporters club and as I get my tickets through them I couldn't get one as officially I have 0 away games. 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

It's still no guarantee.

I'm a STH with 9 away games under my belt. Sadly nepotism dictated who received a Forest ticket through the supporters club and as I get my tickets through them I couldn't get one as officially I have 0 away games. 

Do you lose your purchase history if you buy through a supporters club? Why would you buy tickets this way?

Makes no sense to me. You can buy so many ways now, no need whatsoever to buy through a supporters club. 

9 away games under you belt, so you should have been straight on the phone / internet first thing Thursday. Take the nepotism out of the equation..

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I do think we need a bit more attacking flaire in midfield someone who can turn a defance upside down.

You mean midfielders who can actually score goals on a regular basis. Something we lack.As in a Paul Scholes , he scores goals type.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, GerryDaly said:

You mean midfielders who can actually score goals on a regular basis. Something we lack.As in a Paul Scholes , he scores goals type.

Be nice to have strikers who can actually score goals on a regular basis too.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes but I know these type of players do not come cheap but I think we can look around lower leagues or aboard but I think if we can find someone like this will help in our push.

GR is maybe the ideal man for this. He knows these divisions inside out.

We've been lacking this kinda midfield player.

Archived