Will McClaren be here next season?

Kernow

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Sacking another manager would make me lose a lot of faith in Mel. Stick with Mac, this club needs stability in the head coach role. 

trouble with mel is,he seems to be very emotional and reactive.....sometimes its better to sit back and get the next in line to manage the business as they can be a little more dispassionate.....and mr rush does seem to be a bit too background nowadays.

however at the end of the day its mels money and mels club.

i suspect he would put up with mediocre results before next season but not lots of losses.....

looks like things are coming to a head at the forest match....how many derby and forest managers have fell on their sword after losing the brian clough trophy??

With this article surfacing in the Telegraph, there is a sense that next week's game against Forest could be pivotal in deciding McClaren's future.

It seems that in the transition from GSE to Morris, we have gone from one extreme to the other in terms of job security for the manager.

I remember the days when we were winning 4 out of 28 games under Clough and the board were unmoved and now under Morris, one lengthy run of negative results and the manager is boxing up his comic book collection.

It would be nice to have some middle ground. Stability for stability's sake is not what anyone wants. But an ability to take the rough with the smooth rather consigning yet another manager to the scrap heap would make a refreshing change.

What will be will be. I am not going to be distraught in any case, because we can and should be doing better. But I am finding it hard not to imagine managers looking for top Championship jobs taking a dim view of our ownership and being reluctant to join.

If this happens, I hope they draw straws and the tea lady gets to choose the next manager. She surely can't do any worse.

Is Mel that stupid that he can't see the problem is the players and not the managers? The players are running the club they are on stupid wages and good contracts, Pearson came in and wanted to change it they got him sacked, it's what football has come too, a few big time Charlie's ruining a club full of brilliant fans brilliant facilities' joke

Problem seems to be that since clough every manager has inherited players he didn't necessary want (struggled to get rid of), added his own few players and had very little time to get them to gel into a team.

If Mac was to stay next season will be built on the spine of Carson, Keogh, Thorne, Martin as this has been made clear in the interviews Mac has had. This would divide the fans as there is movement in the Anti Keogh league and the We Hate Martin Crew.

If Mac goes whichever poor sod comes in will have to ship out alot of under performers who appear to be on very high wages and many carry large transfer fees which are unlikely to be recouped. They will also have to bring in youth and be in the top 6 all season, whilst playing exciting attacking football (The Derby Way)

Personally i feel our season finishes on saturday and i hope its on a high, I would like to see Mac given time (2 seasons) but doubt that would happen

If he is to go, Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton would probably be my choices 

Either way we have become the Championships basket case

At least Summer will be alot more exciting than this season has been 

So Roll on May 

4 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Problem seems to be that since clough every manager has inherited players he didn't necessary want (struggled to get rid of), added his own few players and had very little time to get them to gel into a team.

If Mac was to stay next season will be built on the spine of Carson, Keogh, Thorne, Martin as this has been made clear in the interviews Mac has had. This would divide the fans as there is movement in the Anti Keogh league and the We Hate Martin Crew.

If Mac goes whichever poor sod comes in will have to ship out alot of under performers who appear to be on very high wages and many carry large transfer fees which are unlikely to be recouped. They will also have to bring in youth and be in the top 6 all season, whilst playing exciting attacking football (The Derby Way)

Personally i feel our season finishes on saturday and i hope its on a high, I would like to see Mac given time (2 seasons) but doubt that would happen

If he is to go, Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton would probably be my choices 

Either way be are become the Championships basket case

At least Summer will be alot more exciting than this season has been 

So Roll on May 

i agree with all of that.....bob on sadly

If Mel were to let his itchy finger pull the trigger now, any new (permanent) manager would have a hell of a task, principally managing the expectations of both the owner and fans and pruning the high proportion of dead wood in the squad.

It would be so easy to appoint Rowett just because he is available. His achievements are limited and the views of some Brum fans about his style of football raise doubts.

If McClaren goes soon then an interim appointment will do. Just take some time to find a manger with experience, preferably a new broom with no previous connection to DCFC. Huddersfield have shown casting the net wide can work.

I can well imagine Mel was "seething" during and after Friday's match...

But if Mac resigns/leaves by mutual consent/is sacked........can we all agree that it was unsavory shenanigans involving all sorts of salacious details we'd all get libeled for sharing on the forum? Be boring if he's sacked for just being rubbish.

If I were Mel I think I would give him a chance if in private he is giving me good solid explanations for what is going wrong and how he will fix it ( whether philosophy or playing staff or tactics etc).

If he doesnt really seem to know, then if he were sacked now ( or soon) I would say it was less surprising and more justified than his first sacking and the 'sacking' of Clement. 

Archived