Will McClaren be here next season?

Kernow

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Mcclaren and the words overachieve or even achieve don't belong in the same paragraph. He's a chronic underachiever.

Apart from his time at Manchester United, Middlesbrough, FC Twente and, all in all, Derby County. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm sorry but that just isn't true. They'd played a lot of good football. However, they'd had one or two absolutely shocking performances. One game against Hearts and the hammering against Celtic in particular. Guess which ones Rangers fans prefer to talk about? 

I'm in Glasgow virtually every weekend and that is very much not the feeling up here about Warburton's rangers team, not just from rangers fans but from pretty much everybody.

I suspect we're in reality not a million miles apart in our opinions (internet discussion being what it is) just I think Warburton didn't do a great job at rangers, and did make some bad errors.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm in Glasgow virtually every weekend and that is very much not the feeling up here about Warburton's rangers team, not just from rangers fans but from pretty much everybody.

I suspect we're in reality not a million miles apart in our opinions (internet discussion being what it is) just I think Warburton didn't do a great job at rangers, and did make some bad errors.

Not trying to 'out-Rangers' you here mate but half my family support them and I have to write about them almost every day for my job. People who are angry shout louder than people who are sensible. 

You're right though, his time there will be looked back at as a failure, and he did make some bad errors. Whether or not it was a failure, in reality, is very much up for debate though. 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

If somebody else comes in, it has to be somebody who is used to a 4231 formation. 

It is the only formation that actually makes the most of our horrendously imbalanced squad. Any other formation and we need to be changing probably 10 players. 

We change  both if the manager changes. Whatever you think of MacClaren some of our players are duds with no chance they will improve. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

do you even know who Steve McClaren is? Or is your Wikipedia page not working properly?

I could have a field day answering this question, Mostyn.

My respect for him is now limited to his ability to create a fun coaching session. You know - he says "catch" you have to head it, he says head you have to catch it;  yells left you go right, piggy back races.  Id love him to coach my boys at a soccer camp. He should be moved over to Derby Community Trust and coach walking football or a toddlers side. Then he'd be in his element. Coffee in hand, having a laugh.

Just now, Ninos said:

My respect for him is now limited to his ability to create a fun coaching session. You know - he says "catch" you have to head it, he says head you have to catch it;  yells left you go right, piggy back races.  Id love him to coach my boys at a soccer camp. He should be moved over to Derby Community Trust and coach walking football or a toddlers side. Then he'd be in his element. Coffee in hand, having a laugh.

I imagine he's gutted to have lost your respect.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

perhaps you should get a job and stop watching Derby train if you find it so childish.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

You may have no respect for him (though I have no idea what you would base this on) but call him a 'chronic underachiever' displays either ignorance, stupidity, or a mixture of both.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not trying to 'out-Rangers' you here mate but half my family support them and I have to write about them almost every day for my job. People who are angry shout louder than people who are sensible. 

You're right though, his time there will be looked back at as a failure, and he did make some bad errors. Whether or not it was a failure, in reality, is very much up for debate though. 

Fair enough, I go by what I see hear and perceive as I've no old firm connection but pay more than a passing glance to Scottish football.

Its not about being out rangered, but I've clearly been hearing from different people to yourself! I was just trying to make the point I'm not pulling it out my aerse I'm basing it on what I've seen and heard being around the place.

Aside from arguing a few points of contention, I think we're probably not that far apart in thinking Warburton will do well elseware.

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fair enough, I go by what I see hear and perceive as I've no old firm connection but pay more than a passing glance to Scottish football.

Its not about being out rangered, but I've clearly been hearing from different people to yourself! I was just trying to make the point I'm not pulling it out my aerse I'm basing it on what I've seen and heard being around the place.

Aside from arguing a few points of contention, I think we're probably not that far apart in thinking Warburton will do well elseware.

Agreed mate! Now...onto McClaren...!

On 10/03/2017 at 21:46, Shaftesbury st said:

Why would he be wrong choice? Interested to hear your thoughts on that

For me it's not just McLaren, it's the the package, his team i.e. Evans and McLaren jnr. 

His methods seem outdated, we went back to a method that had failed before, he had no other plan, he publicly said his squad was strong in January. Substitutions were odd, players start one week, the next they are not in the squad. Doesn't know what his best side is either. 

I have no confidence in him to be ruthless enough to cull players he's so publicly backing. The top six in this division are poor, I don't think those sat in play off positions actually want it, we have had chance after chance to punish them but failed.

On 3/11/2017 at 20:45, Nuwtfly said:

You can use this argument in so many ways. Ranieri did awfully with Greece. Great job with Leicester.

Dyche was hopeless at Watford. Great job with Burnley.

Brendan Rodgers was awful at Reading. Went on to Swansea and has continued to do well.

No managerial appointment guarantees a team success. But nor do they doom a team to failure. We just have to trust Mel to put the right person for this club in charge. So far, he's done a pretty poor job at that. 

Ask any Watford fan.......Dyche did a very good job at Vicarage Road with the lowest budget in the division at the time.

1 minute ago, Grantona said:

Ask any Watford fan.......Dyche did a very good job at Vicarage Road with the lowest budget in the division at the time.

From what I saw of Dyches team v Liverpool, good lord he's improved his side tactically. They were immense despite losing. 

Been briliant apart from brighton, pne,bristol city, newcastle ,Leicester replay, cardiff 2.0 up if i remember,and burton.

On this forum with the exception of the toon and bha, the majority thought we would win these games,especial!y when playing at home so how has he been brilliant?

Archived