Will McClaren be here next season?

Kernow

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Feel very sorry for the Rams fans that travelled. That will be a really long journey back.....

Staying at relatives in Peacehaven. Brighton's got a great ground but getting it out of it is a nightmare!  25 minutes queuing to get on the platform then 20 minutes for a train  

As for the match  Brighton were sharp, exciting and looked likely to score and Derby ..........weren't 

1 minute ago, Strange yearnings said:

Staying at relatives in Peacehaven. Brighton's got a great ground but getting it out of it is a nightmare!  25 minutes queuing to get on the platform then 20 minutes for a train  

As for the match  Brighton were sharp, exciting and looked likely to score and Derby ..........weren't 

And their home form is very good though. 

Just now, Ibby said:

He came in and we looked so good,  and we were not far from them play offs. I think the board will regroup and mull over his result and maybe he will given the summer to build.

The Board is Mel and Sam. And you'd suspect that the latter is there just to take the notes so really,  it'll be whatever Mel wants! 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Same reason as Pearson. Both are decent managers in their own right but we play on the front foot and it would be a style clash. Rowett's at his best when his team's counter attack but we need to be on the ball. Proactive rather than reactive

Rowett himself has publicly said he played that way at Birmingham because that was the best way to get results out of a average squad, rather than any sort of personal philosophy. Think he could do a good job if given the chance personally.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The Board is Mel and Sam. And you'd suspect that the latter is there just to take the notes so really,  it'll be whatever Mel wants! 

True that. So you think he will still be here.

I think it'd take something that enrages Mel to see him go. Not necessarily a result, but some kind of action, discussion, moment of drone footage and he could be sleeping with the fishes.

In the normal run of things though, I think he'll get the summer, we'll start poorly and he'll leave by mutual consent in September.

Not coming on here to stick the knife in ,i thought NP was going to be a good appointment and got that wrong,although perhaps his attitude towards the players is proving to be more on the mark than we suspected?

I didnt particularly want Sm back,but we hardly had a que outside Mels office of anyone blatantly obvious for the job. Pleasantly surprised by SM start and was happy to be proved wrong on his reappointment.However history appears to be repeating itself and irredpective of player injuries a mixed squad derived from numerous managers. We have calibre players that have proven themselves at this level that are on good wages,cost good money that do not cohere together as a team.plenty on here are quick to drop down keoghs throat at a drop of a hat,but at least he gives 100% commitment to the cause. Some thing lacking by most tonight at Brighton. IDF Sm cant motivate these players and i am not sugesting by that we win all the time, makes team selections and poor substutions as again tonight and against Pne,i have very little faith in his ability to take us forward.

Think Sm gets to close to the players and iether loses control of the players or they are not following his ethos and instruction. I think Sm is a very good coach but coaching and managing require different skill sets.

If he stays obviously i would want it to work,however when you look at what Leeds and Huddersfield have achieved this season in comparison to money spent,facilities ect whatever is broken hasnt been repaired by Sm return.

Not sure who i would want as a manager but changes are a must and perhaps even players such as hughes who i think have exceptional ability may need to move on in order to restructure .

Clear out required including players,coaching staff and recruitment personnel.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it'd take something that enrages Mel to see him go. Not necessarily a result, but some kind of action, discussion, moment of drone footage and he could be sleeping with the fishes.

In the normal run of things though, I think he'll get the summer, we'll start poorly and he'll leave by mutual consent in September.

Please give me some hope before I pull the trigger on 2 season tickets again :D

Archived