Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

25 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Not quite sure how Russell has walked back into the team, good to see Bennett on the bench hope we can finally see him come good. Other than that, pretty much as expected.

Perhaps by being better thsn Anya and miles better than Camara 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

Perhaps by being better thsn Anya and miles better than Camara 

Better than Anya is very debateable. Neither has been good enough this season by a long way but for me Anya has offered more. Russells return on 1 goal and no assists from 17 starts isnt good enough for a winger.

I always think that in these away games we should be playing Anya and Russell on the wing for extra work rate and cover. Tom is an outstanding player and hard to drop but maybe in these games when it's us on the back foot we may need workrate more. 

But then again you do lose that spark that he can provide.

just a thought. 

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Better than Anya is very debateable. Neither has been good enough this season by a long way but for me Anya has offered more. Russells return on 1 goal and no assists from 17 starts isnt good enough for a winger.

Form dependant.....in form JR over out of form Anya and vice versa, both at the top of their game are very good in the division, but neither really have been this season.

44 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Beginning to wonder if there is a bigger issue going on with vydra if he's not on the bench again...Not aware of any injury to him

Pearson wants him at Leicester

Archived