What are you eating tonight

froggg

20201129_200020.thumb.jpg.98049d62e00fff14f14e7ee9adc37549.jpg

This is my own take on a traditional Peruvian Steak Paella. The rice, which I import directly from Lima has been marinating all weekend in a blend of spices, the details of which I will take to my grave. The hand reared steak is a piece of my 5 year old daughter's favourite cow Matilda, whom she helped slaughter.

Edited by Beetroot

On 24/11/2020 at 14:28, sage said:

@Eddie can i recommend that next time you make some, eat one of them whilst still warm, it's a game changer.  

Last Boxing day we had the in laws round as per tradition. Mrs Parsnip's dad brought a massive pork pie he'd made. On a whim I decided to serve it warm.

Frigging hell I'm not joking, he couldn't have been more offended if I started playing videos of me banging his daughter. He was distraught. It's still really uncomfortable if it gets mentioned. I think he's actually stopped loving his grandkids a bit because of it, because they remind him of me.

Glad this Christmas is a bust to be honest.

1 minute ago, Beetroot said:

Last Boxing day we had the in laws round as per tradition. Mrs Parsnip's dad brought a massive pork pie he'd made. On a whim I decided to serve it warm.

Frigging hell I'm not joking, he couldn't have been more offended if I started playing videos of me banging his daughter. He was distraught. It's still really uncomfortable if it gets mentioned. I think he's actually stopped loving his grandkids a bit because of it, because they remind him of me.

Only Gannets eat them straight out the oven init. Need to be cold and full of gelatine.

18 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

But was it nice?

The warm pork pie, not the home video

Edited by sage

20 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Is this the truth or a big pork pie? ?

On 29/11/2020 at 22:20, Beetroot said:

Actually half and half. I just mentioned it to Mrs Parsnip after I'd posted it and she told me that he didn't actually make the pie - he'd just bought one from a butcher. Which makes me lose any sympathy I ever had for him.

his favourite butcher who he helped slaughter?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 14:28, sage said:

@Eddie can i recommend that next time you make some, eat one of them whilst still warm, it's a game changer.  

The first time I ever had warm pork pie was from a street vendor outside Old Trafford in about 1970. Utterly amazing, so you are preaching to the converted.

Give us a quiche and I'll tell you.

817116372_Quiche17-12-20.thumb.jpg.d9a0bff4416477b229c830ba1e674c26.jpg

Actually, I fib. We are having the pork pie I froze 2 weeks ago (It was wrapped in parchment, silver foil and clingfilm as a test) and has now thawed. The quiche is to be frozen in the same manner as the pork pie was (but still in its dish) and is for Boxing Day. More pork pies to be cooked this Saturday.