What are you eating tonight

froggg

8 hours ago, David said:

1C4976A7-EB86-4391-8CA8-ED43DDE1F9D8.jpeg

I see you've gone for the meal, that was a topic for a debate in Parliament. Maybe you could try the more conservative serving suggestion given by Jacob Rees Mogg, of Weetabix with warm milk and brown sugar. The next time you find that you only have Weetabix to eat, while waiting for the Waitrose delivery van.

On 14/02/2021 at 20:56, David said:

Nowt wrong with those, doesn’t matter what it looks like on the plate, all comes out the same in the end 

May I just apologise for this comment on behalf of the mod team, he’s nothing but a heathen, and wouldn’t know Gordon Blue style snap from a road side greasy spoon.

I had three quarters of a tin of corned beef left over from the Reuben Calzone I made the other day, so decided upon something 'rustic'.

I started by frying onion slices and julienne carrots in coconut oil, then fried some chestnut and oyster mushrooms in butter, boiled and sliced some sweet potatoes, made a bit of mash and then assembled layers of corned beef, veggies, sweet potatoes etc in a casserole dish, topped it with the mash and finished it off with a generous helping of cheddar cheese before baking it for an hour. Served with spinach and mangetout.

I wouldn't insult your sensibilities with anything quite so vulgar as a photograph of the offending dish, but The Memsahib actually went as far as "That's very tasty" as opposed to her usual "It'll do".

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I had three quarters of a tin of corned beef left over from the Reuben Calzone I made the other day, so decided upon something 'rustic'.

I started by frying onion slices and julienne carrots in coconut oil, then fried some chestnut and oyster mushrooms in butter, boiled and sliced some sweet potatoes, made a bit of mash and then assembled layers of corned beef, veggies, sweet potatoes etc in a casserole dish, topped it with the mash and finished it off with a generous helping of cheddar cheese before baking it for an hour. Served with spinach and mangetout.

I wouldn't insult your sensibilities with anything quite so vulgar as a photograph of the offending dish, but The Memsahib actually went as far as "That's very tasty" as opposed to her usual "It'll do".

Did it not look as good as it tasted?

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Did it not look as good as it tasted?

It looked like a shepherd's pie. I often photograph food I've prepared for later (bitterballen, croquettes, pizza before it's cooked etc) but tonight, having cooked it, I just wanted to gerrit down me neck.