What are you eating tonight

froggg

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Pie tonight.

pie9.thumb.jpg.c8263f67bb9163cd8c47475aa5c9435a.jpg

Chicken, bacon, leek, chestnut and king oyster mushrooms.

The above pic is before it went into the oven. I didn't have a pie cone so substituted a salt cellar.

king oyster mushrooms? did you consider the spread of coronavirus when using them? ?

42 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

king oyster mushrooms? did you consider the spread of coronavirus when using them? ?

Yes, I fully expect the usual suspects to claim that I've put the entire population at risk. Not only that, I used mace as the main spice, so I've probably imported some weird Indonesian variety of the virus too. Of course, the same people will be currently munching their way through a Bird's egg custard for pudding, blissfully unaware that nutmeg doesn't just come from the same plant as mace, it comes from the same nut.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Don't knock it. The wine connoisseurs used to turn their noses up at those once over. Now they are all the rage. ??

No problem with screw caps for a still wine. It wouldn't work for a bottle-conditioned beer though. Saying that, 40 years ago, my go-to drink-at-home beer was Trent bitter. That had a screw cap.