Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking generally, does anyone have any ideas as to who else would be available at £6m in that position? Struggling to think. I've got a sneaky feeling (total guesswork) that we may bid for McCormack tomorrow. I know he's mainly a striker but has played their for Fulham and Cardiff, and McClaren has tried for him before. Yes he's a bad egg but I've just got a feeling...

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Thinking generally, does anyone have any ideas as to who else would be available at £6m in that position? Struggling to think. I've got a sneaky feeling (total guesswork) that we may bid for McCormack tomorrow. I know he's mainly a striker but has played their for Fulham and Cardiff, and McClaren has tried for him before. Yes he's a bad egg but I've just got a feeling...

Ward? Seeing as how we're getting the band back together and all that.

I do wonder why we don't try to sign players from abroad more.

I know Albentosa and Camara haven't been successes, but there is talent out there for a fraction of what it costs in England.

A decent scouting network and someone in the recruitment team with an eye for talent and we would be laughing.

Instead we throw money around like sweets and it's the sellIng club that's laughing.

7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Max Gradel or MIchael Kightly? Lee or Sako from Palace?

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Frankly couldn't give a **** how much he costs, just that he comes here and is successful. Not seen a lot of him, but he tore chris Baird a new one the other week- and I've seen few wingers do that. So sign him up!

He's had 19 good games. 

Blackman probably did well against us in his purple patch half-season too. 

Think it's far more likely we get mugged off again and we all lose more faith in Derby's recruitment, rather than actuallu improve our winger situation.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Think I read Gradal might be off to Sunderland on loan.. so he is available. Forgot about Kightly completely to be honest, I'm sure he's available too! 

Should be, can't see a reason why not. Not sure if he would be counted as big signing though. He might be running out of contract too.

Marc Pugh to add another name to he list, weren't we linked with him before?

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I'd target someone who's been consistent at this level for at least 2 years, even if they aren't in great form right now. To often we've signed someone off the back of a decent few months for them and it's gone horribly wrong. My top pick would be Sako but his reported wage demands would probably be an issue. Marc Pugh could be a decent option from the Prem too as he hasn't had much game time. Marshall isn't a bad option, he's out of form at the minute and has never amassed any spectacular stats at this level but he's completely different to our current left sided players. Then there's someone like Judge who's just come back from a nasty injury but should be fairly cheap due to his contract running down. Or we could just try and loan a Premier League winger and sign someone permanent in the summer. 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd target someone who's been consistent at this level for at least 2 years, even if they aren't in great form right now. Too often we've signed someone off the back of a decent few months for them and it's gone horribly wrong.

This.

Archived