Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've just watched a number of Wigan's highlights, thanks to Ramsplayer login working on all platforms, and you can see why we would be willing to pay big money for him. 

He reminds me of Antonio. When he picks the ball up and runs at his man, the power he has is incredible. He went past three Ipswich players without changing direction, just close control, pace and power

I know it's only highlights, but he seems quite sensible on the ball. 

I was also impressed with Max Power, I thought he was excellent in the bits I saw too. Dan Burn, on the other hand, makes me realise just how lucky we are with our selection at centre back. Awful, awful player. 

This is spot on. He looks a bit like the Antonio that was at Wednesday. Powerful, clearly a good talent, but not always clinical enough. 

He is an absolute powerhouse by the looks of it. But do we need another LW who runs and runs and runs with no end product? Hmm.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Whatever but Big Sam was interviewed the other day and said Sako has stated he was going to fight for Palace and wished to stay. 

And Joyce said in an interview, "“It’s simple as far as I’m concerned - you don’t want to sell your best players,” Joyce told Wigan Today. “I’ve come here and I’m trying to build a football club. I don’t think Yanic had played a full game this season before I came to the football club. " 

So by your logic that must mean he's 100% staying at Wigan then because their manager said he wants him to stay?

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We need something, that's for certain. It was highlighted under Pearson and Clement that we lacked a powerful runner. I still think that's the case. 

I don't know too much about Wildschut, but I know he's got an 'edge' to his game. Jordon Ibe had that too. 

It's not my money, so I'm simply not that bothered about the fee. He's a player I think would improve the starting XI, however. 

Agree with the post. We lack pace and power in the team and he would give us that in abundance. As good as anyone in the league beating players 1v1 and while his final ball can improve, there is no doubt he would improve our squad. Wigan fans are absolutely raving about him, so he clearly has been fantastic for them. As for the money, prices are always inflated when we are invovled and we have to accept that. Hoping we don't pay too far over the odds, but he is a signing I would be excited about and a great age.

I still feel the biggest area of need is a Central Midfield player with pace, energy and goals. Young lad doing the business for Luton (Cameron Mcgheehan) could be worth a look long term. Highly thought of and goals from midfield, however broke his leg recently and out for the rest of the season. Hourihane another obvious one who im disappointed we didnt make a move for. Really surprised we are not being linked with a Central Midfiled player as McClaren obviosuly feels its an area of need with how much he wanted to bring Lansbury in.

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think that's harsh.

He did well at Venlo during the early stages of his career. He earned a move Heerenveen where he didn't have the same impact, he was then moved on to Boro where he was scarcely given a chance. He was then loaned out to Wigan, where he was named in the team of the year in League One, and he has carried that form on since signing permanently. 

I don't think he's had one good season. He's not got a glittering past by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think we should worry about what he's done in the past. You could argue his past is not too dissimilar to Martin at the point we signed him. 

The difference being £6 million. CM was free and the guy hasn't had one outstanding season. Don't get me wrong he looks good. In a perfect world it would be about £3 mil and Camara on loan for the remainder of the season

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And Joyce said in an interview, "“It’s simple as far as I’m concerned - you don’t want to sell your best players,” Joyce told Wigan Today. “I’ve come here and I’m trying to build a football club. I don’t think Yanic had played a full game this season before I came to the football club. " 

So by your logic that must mean he's 100% staying at Wigan then because their manager said he wants him to stay?

We will see who signs for Derby then Wildschut or Sako. 

You may get your man I hope Derby get the Wigan man. 

Fee undisclosed I guess  

1 minute ago, Ramdale said:

We lack pace and power in the team and he would give us that in abundance.

I'd have to disagree. The biggest quality our wide players provide us is pace. Unfortunately we really only have one winger who combines pace with genuine skill and enough quality to trouble defenders. Just having pace isn't going to cut it. I've not seen much of him but if he's just fast and direct then we already have that.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

This is spot on. He looks a bit like the Antonio that was at Wednesday. Powerful, clearly a good talent, but not always clinical enough. 

He is an absolute powerhouse by the looks of it. But do we need another LW who runs and runs and runs with no end product? Hmm.

I think Derby could quite do with somebody who can beat a man, I don't think any of our current wingers are too eager to beat a man. My personal feeling is that should he sign he could be a reasonably valuable asset on the wing for Derby. Then again he could be a total flop :lol:, I think he is worth a punt. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think Derby could quite do with somebody who can beat a man, I don't think any of our current wingers are too eager to beat a man. My personal feeling is that should he sign he could be a reasonably valuable asset on the wing for Derby. Then again he could be a total flop :lol:, I think he is worth a punt. 

I see what you're saying but I'm not sure that's actually a problem. We've got wingers with pace, who perhaps don't beat their man enough, but do sometimes (Russell had Simpson on toast at one point against Leicester). We need a winger that scores goals. Wildschut, by all accounts doesn't. But he's got something. A power and pace, and a directness that you want from a wideman. I'm torn on this one. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

These "please stay" videos make me crease...

"Wigan Athletic can announce that Yanic Wildschut has retracted his transfer request after witnessing a wholly moving 3 min montage of his goals and assists to the music of Enrique Iglesias." 

Archived