Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Yanic on the bench this afternoon. 

If you want him it'll have to be £5m + I'm hearing from Wigan. I think he will get on the field this afternoon at some point. Hopefully when the Mancs are dog tired and he slots the winner for us! 

You had best keep him then, no offence meant.

4 hours ago, Laticman said:

I'm a Wigan season ticket holder. I can tell you that Yanic is very quick and on his day can tear defences apart. His problem is consistency however because we don't see him playing well often enough. Our manager Warren Joyce has improved him in the last couple of months and he's better defensively, but he needs work on his final ball now which isn't great for a winger. The majority of Latics fans don't want to lose him because he is a match winner on his day and I think he's going to improve under Joyce who is an excellent coach. Having said all that, Wigan will sell I think if the money is right because we don't have a track record of hanging on to players when the cash is flashed. £4m is being reported as the offer from Derby. We paid £1m last January so it'll be a decent return for our club. I hope we hang onto him till at least the summer because we need to secure our place in the Championship and Yanic will play a key part in that. I think he will play today in the cup tie at United, although if he doesn't it might indicate he's on his way out. 

Good luck for the rest of your season. 

That's great and all, but I think what everyone really wanted to read were your thoughts on Jake Buxton!?

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I cannot understand the logic of this

we have just committed to bringing Chrissy back

We have Vydra and Blackman who have not yet got going

And we have committed £4m on another option here 

Can anyone enlighten me please ?

We haven't got Chris Martin back have we .

It is by no means certain. 

Wildschut is a proper winger who is very classy. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

We haven't got Chris Martin back have we .

It is by no means certain. 

Wildschut is a proper winger who is very classy. 

Oh right, I get it. A PR stunt for CM. Sure. 

Who does this guy  replace in the team and where does he fit in ?

Did he actually play against us recently by the way ? If so he was utterly anonymous .

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Have we actually bid for this player? I've seen nothing from DCFC on this and Mac and Rush have both said they are happy with what they have at the club.

I really hope that Rush being happy with what we have at the club on the playing side has absolute no relevance. Mac yes but Rushs' role is to say yes or no on whether we can afford a player. 

11 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Oh right, I get it. A PR stunt for CM. Sure. 

Who does this guy  replace in the team and where does he fit in ?

Did he actually play against us recently by the way ? If so he was utterly anonymous .

If you get questioned by the cops as to where you were on the 31st December I hope you can remember because you definitely couldn't have been at Pride Park.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

I really hope that Rush being happy with what we have at the club on the playing side has absolute no relevance. Mac yes but Rushs' role is to say yes or no on whether we can afford a player. 

I think Rush was just quoting the manager, but what's wrong with Rush being happy about what we have at the club as long as he doesn't tell Mac to sod off because he thinks thinks his opinion is more important than the managers.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you get questioned by the cops as to where you were on the 31st December I hope you can remember because you definitely couldn't have been at Pride Park.

I was indeed, son.

But I wasn't on some substance that maybe you were.

Just allow others to have another view . You are selling yourself short, Mr Wolfie. Get help.

24 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Have we actually bid for this player? I've seen nothing from DCFC on this and Mac and Rush have both said they are happy with what they have at the club.

The voice of reason once again , thank you. 

Archived