Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I see what you're saying but I'm not sure that's actually a problem. We've got wingers with pace, who perhaps don't beat their man enough, but do sometimes (Russell had Simpson on toast at one point against Leicester). We need a winger that scores goals. Wildschut, by all accounts doesn't. But he's got something. A power and pace, and a directness that you want from a wideman. I'm torn on this one. 

Agree with that, it's a fair assessment. I'm hoping if we were to sign him that he would turn out to be more of a Jordan Ibe than an Abdoul Camara! My hope would be, with him in the side with his pace and power he would drag players out towards him and create space for our other creative players in midfield so they could pick a pass. I think having him as well of Russell as options for the left give us two good options. High work rate from Johnny, whereas arguably more of a threat from Wildschut (that one is debatable), but if we wanted to take more of a direct approach Wildschut perhaps makes sense. I'm not 100% on this, but then no signing is ever certain! 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

These "please stay" videos make me crease...

"Wigan Athletic can announce that Yanic Wildschut has retracted his transfer request after witnessing a wholly moving 3 min montage of his goals and assists do the music of Enrique Iglesias." 

Shall I scrap the video I'm currently making titled "Please come" then? I've even got Enrique Iglesias on the soundtrack. "You can be our hero babyyy"...

Another forum, about two hours ago:

National media saying we've rejected two bids worth up to 6m for Yanic, again both from Derby and Norwich (no doubt full of add ons and not 6m up front). ITK close to the club though says we've agreed a deal with Derby and he wants to go. All going down in the next 24 hours. Personally I think he'll go, timing is absolutely awful and it'll probably consign us to relegation unless we have some miracle replacement waiting in the wings, but I can't see us turning down 6m with a sell on clause. Good luck to him if he goes, pace and strength to burn, will play in the Premier League if he sorts his consistency and final delivery out.

Coincide that with the transfer request article. It seems somewhat substantial. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Shall I scrap the video I'm currently making titled "Please come" then? I've even got Enrique Iglesias on the soundtrack. "You can be our hero babyyy"...

If you change the music to "Come baby come" by K7, I'll let it pass ;) 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Another forum, about two hours ago:

National media saying we've rejected two bids worth up to 6m for Yanic, again both from Derby and Norwich (no doubt full of add ons and not 6m up front). ITK close to the club though says we've agreed a deal with Derby and he wants to go. All going down in the next 24 hours. Personally I think he'll go, timing is absolutely awful and it'll probably consign us to relegation unless we have some miracle replacement waiting in the wings, but I can't see us turning down 6m with a sell on clause. Good luck to him if he goes, pace and strength to burn, will play in the Premier League if he sorts his consistency and final delivery out.

Coincide that with the transfer request article. It seems somewhat substantial. 

What another forum is that then?

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

These "please stay" videos make me crease...

"Wigan Athletic can announce that Yanic Wildschut has retracted his transfer request after witnessing a wholly moving 3 min montage of his goals and assists to the music of Enrique Iglesias." 

Yes but it shows his ability.

54 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are you crazy have you seen  Yanic Wildschut play  

You hate Derby signing  good players don't you. 

Are you a banker.

Is it your money. 

I've always thought he was a bit of a one tbf. 

Oh sorry, I mis-heard you. Lol

WILDSCHUT LATEST

Yanic Wildschut has handed in a transfer request following a succession of bids from two rival Sky BetChampionship clubs over the weekend.

Chairman David Sharpe isn’t budging though. 

He said: “We made a significant commitment in signing Yanic this time last year and he has clearly thrived at our club and we feel this action from him now is inappropriate and very disappointing at such a crucial point of the season.  

“This is not the way to repay the faith we have shown in him. I’ve always had a good relationship with Yanic and I feel he has let the club, his team mates and our supporters down by taking this action. 

“Yanic is a very important player to us and we do not have a desire to sell our best players. 

“That said, every player has a value and we will not be put under pressure to sell a player for less than our valuation.”

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Many on the Wigan forum are reporting that the deal's done with Derby :thumbsup: Which means he is going to Aston Villa

Norwich it is then. 

Archived