Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd target someone who's been consistent at this level for at least 2 years, even if they aren't in great form right now. To often we've signed someone off the back of a decent few months for them and it's gone horribly wrong. My top pick would be Sako but his reported wage demands would probably be an issue. Marc Pugh could be a decent option from the Prem too as he hasn't had much game time. Marshall isn't a bad option, he's out of form at the minute and has never amassed any spectacular stats at this level but he's completely different to our current left sided players. Then there's someone like Judge who's just come back from a nasty injury but should be fairly cheap due to his contract running down. Or we could just try and loan a Premier League winger and sign someone permanent in the summer. 

Marshall has played as a rb lately as they are having their fullback injury issues too.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY IN WILDSCHUT TALKS

Derby County are in negotiations with Wigan Athletic over a possible transfer for Dutch forward Yanic Wildschut, according to Sky sources.

It's understood that Wigan are looking for an offer of over £6m for the player, who's scored five goals in 25 appearances this season.

Derby, however, are hoping to sign Wildschut for less and beat Championship rivals Norwich City to his signature. 

He may be a good player. I don't really know, not enough to get excited or disappointed if he signs.

What I would question is, if he's worth us apparently being willing to spend £6mil on, why haven't we spotted him before? He's made two permanent transfers since the 2013/14 season, to Boro for around £700k and to Wigan for around £1mil. Middlesbrough got him from Heerenveen. Why did our scouts not find him but Boro did? Wigan signed him from Boro in January 2016. Why did we not want him then? What has he done in the past year that makes him 6x the value as Wigan paid for him and why does this price interest us when we haven't been interested in him at a much lower price?

We need something, that's for certain. It was highlighted under Pearson and Clement that we lacked a powerful runner. I still think that's the case. 

I don't know too much about Wildschut, but I know he's got an 'edge' to his game. Jordon Ibe had that too. 

It's not my money, so I'm simply not that bothered about the fee. He's a player I think would improve the starting XI, however. 

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

More like Yanic buying!

Thank you, if you think I should pursue a career in stand up comedy please drop a like, have a nice evening.

Wouldn't give up the day job just yet. Not even original material.

On 29/01/2017 at 17:15, StockholmRam said:

Or a Yanic buy... 

Apologies if someone else jested this. Cannot be arrised to read the whole thread. 

Archived