Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

38 minutes ago, curtains said:

Jonny Russell the nearly man. ? 

Yep. the nearly man who has been first choice in his position since 2013. Perhaps you've noticed?

If you want to start slagging Russell off again there's a another thread provided for you to do so. Head there and fill your boots mate.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Simsy said:

:angry: vydra is not a wide player!! It's already started with Mac playing him there and if it continues its going to keep grating on me.

Play him central or sell him no point putting square pegs in those round holes when we have round pegs!!

Says who ? The games evolved and players have evolved. Vydra has all the qualities to play as a wide forward , if we were playing a flat 4 4 2 I could understand were your coming from he's not a winger but as I stated above we don't play with wingers as such. When Russell came he was not a wide player. Players can adapt , they need too . 

38 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I was indeed, son.

But I wasn't on some substance that maybe you were.

Just allow others to have another view . You are selling yourself short, Mr Wolfie. Get help.

You really need to take yourself (and others) less seriously otherwise this forums' not for you. Lighten up dad.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

That's great and all, but I think what everyone really wanted to read were your thoughts on Jake Buxton!?

Buxton gives his all every time he plays for us but he's not the quickest defender I've ever seen. Despite his limitations he's been pretty good for us and is a regular starter under Warren Joyce. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

We haven't got Chris Martin back have we .

It is by no means certain. 

Wildschut is a proper winger who is very classy. 

Have you seen much of Wildschut? He was awful for Boro and struggled to get a game so they sold him to Wigan and yes he's been decent there, but still has only scored 4 league goals. Us signing him to me would be very similar to the Blackman signing. He's done barely anything throughout his career but we splash the cash because he's been good for half a season.

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Says who ? The games evolved and players have evolved. Vydra has all the qualities to play as a wide forward , if we were playing a flat 4 4 2 I could understand were your coming from he's not a winger but as I stated above we don't play with wingers as such. When Russell came he was not a wide player. Players can adapt , they need too . 

He doesn't have the defensive qualities to play that role. He doesn't have the qualities to run at full backs and put in a good cross.  It's really tight margins at this level that makes all the difference. When we have natural players who can play that role it makes no sense to play vydra there.

If we always stay to this plan A formation then we need him to adapt and play the lone striker role. Obviously he's no way near the level of aguero but he is a perfect example how a pacey small striker can effectively do it.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

He doesn't have the defensive qualities to play that role. He doesn't have the qualities to run at full backs and put in a good cross.  It's really tight margins at this level that makes all the difference. When we have natural players who can play that role it makes no sense to play vydra there.

If we always stay to this plan A formation then we need him to adapt and play the lone striker role. Obviously he's no way near the level of aguero but he is a perfect example how a pacey small striker can effectively do it.

Regarding him playing the lone striker role. I myself was thinking this the other day that it's a bit of a myth that you need to be of a certain physical presence to play a lone striker role. There's plenty of smaller , quick strikers playing the role . 

Regarding Vydra playing out wide I would never expect him to be the best defensively, Ince isn't (although that side of his game has improved) . But you would pick him in that role accordingly.  

I suppose in some respects I just want Vydra to fit somewere into the system and hope we can get the best out of him. There really is a he'll of a player in there somewhere, I think Mac knows that too.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Regarding him playing the lone striker role. I myself was thinking this the other day that it's a bit of a myth that you need to be of a certain physical presence to play a lone striker role. There's plenty of smaller , quick strikers playing the role . 

Regarding Vydra playing out wide I would never expect him to be the best defensively, Ince isn't (although that side of his game has improved) . But you would pick him in that role accordingly.  

I suppose in some respects I just want Vydra to fit somewere into the system and hope we can get the best out of him. There really is a he'll of a player in there somewhere, I think Mac knows that too.

Hope you're right, but I don't know why folks say that. I've never seen anything but honest and willing running and disappointing lack of ability to influence games. Like Theo Robinson, but without the pace or goals. :blink:

Archived