Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really Looking forward to this. Flipping cold .. Maybe it means a pacy game, no ones going to be jogging when your bits might get frozen off ! 

Long Johns on, flying jacket, Woolley hat and gloves. Off in half an hour for some internal liquid warmth. 

Que sera sera

COYR

In the words of Kevin Keegan ..... I'd  love it we beat them 

Could this be the first time in years that Derby have actually given a damn about winning this game more than any other opponent (bar Forest of course)?

What I mean by that is Leicester have a largely excellent record against us, and I put that down to them having the rivalry mindset whereas Derby just don't. They play out of their skins, while we treat it as any other game.

Now that they're PL champions, better on the pitch in every area, and still in the Champions League, they probably don't care about the 'rivalry' as they have bigger fish to fry. 

We on the other hand are keen for a cup run and see this as an opportunity for another top-flight scalp.

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Could this be the first time in years that Derby have actually given a damn about winning this game more than any other opponent (bar Forest of course)?

What I mean by that is Leicester have a largely excellent record against us, and I put that down to them having the rivalry mindset whereas Derby just don't. They play out of their skins, while we treat it as any other game.

Now that they're PL champions, better on the pitch in every area, and still in the Champions League, they probably don't care about the 'rivalry' as they have bigger fish to fry. 

We on the other hand are keen for a cup run and see this as an opportunity for another top-flight scalp.

Leicester have nothing to play for this season unless they win the champions league. 

We we are trying for promotion, so no I don't agree this means more to us than to fester.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Leicester have nothing to play for this season unless they win the champions league. 

We we are trying for promotion, so no I don't agree this means more to us than to fester.

Leicester could realistically get pulled into a relegation dogfight and most definitely have something to play for in the league. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its good to get the moans in early.

Don't mean to be a moaner as the rest of that team is spot on imo, but Bryson hasn't played well for a long long time and just seems anonymous in every game he plays, butterfield abolsutely should have started today 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Don't mean to be a moaner as the rest of that team is spot on imo, but Bryson hasn't played well for a long long time and just seems anonymous in every game he plays, butterfield abolsutely should have started today 

Bryson was a big part in us upping our pressing game in the second half against reading, which lead to a vastly improved performance and a wain. Maybe smac is rewarding him for this.

Archived