Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KBB said:

Bryson was a big part in us upping our pressing game in the second half against reading, which lead to a vastly improved performance and a wain. Maybe smac is rewarding him for this.

Was he? You were watching a different game to me then, he had a better spell in the second half when players were tiring tbf to him and won a few tackles, but he still didn't do anywhere near enough for me. Poorest performance of anyone on our team

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Leicester have nothing to play for this season unless they win the champions league. 

We we are trying for promotion, so no I don't agree this means more to us than to fester.

I wasn't implying the match, I was implying from a rivalry point of view.

Leicester have on occasions had nothing to play for when facing us in recent seasons, yet they still treated the game as a massive derby-day and therefore turned us over with relative ease.

I doubt Leicester will feel that sort of emotion heading in to this game. We're completely inferior to them at this present moment in time, which in turn could actually benefit us in terms of mentality.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Was he? You were watching a different game to me then, he had a better spell in the second half when players were tiring tbf to him and won a few tackles, but he still didn't do anywhere near enough for me. Poorest performance of anyone on our team

Bryson broke up play and played the pass for Ince goal..... Must have been their tired players.

bryson hattrick tonight.

Just now, KBB said:

Bryson broke up play and played the pass for Ince goal..... Must have been their tired players.

bryson hattrick tonight.

One good move doesn't make a good game, I've got more chance of a hat trick tonight than him. Hope he does play well mind and I'll gladly eat humble pie if he does, but I cannot see it- especially against the intelligent players Leicester will have in midfield. A more intelligent footballer like butterfield should be playing tonight imo.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wasn't implying the match, I was implying from a rivalry point of view.

Leicester have on occasions had nothing to play for when facing us in recent seasons, yet they still treated the game as a massive derby-day and therefore turned us over with relative ease.

I doubt Leicester will feel that sort of emotion heading in to this game. We're completely inferior to them at this present moment in time, which in turn could actually benefit us in terms of mentality.

The thing is despite being inferior to them we aren't that inferior to them in the grand scheme of things. It's not like we have someone like Chelsea rocking up tonight. Then when you take into account the emotional side of it that you've mentioned and them being in not great form, I think we have a real chance against them.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

One good move doesn't make a good game, I've got more chance of a hat trick tonight than him. Hope he does play well mind and I'll gladly eat humble pie if he does, but I cannot see it- especially against the intelligent players Leicester will have in midfield. A more intelligent footballer like butterfield should be playing tonight imo.

I am a big fan of Butterfield but it's only fair that Bryson stays in after two wins in three games. He set Ince up as well remember. We've a good squad and I'm sure Butterfield will get on at some point, he needs minutes after three weeks out.

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

I am a big fan of Butterfield but it's only fair that Bryson stays in after two wins in three games. He set Ince up as well remember. We've a good squad and I'm sure Butterfield will get on at some point, he needs minutes after three weeks out.

Oh I can see the logic behind it definately, I'm sure it's not easy as a manager to drop a player after 2 wins like you say but I do feel like he's the wrong man tonight, and it makes me fear of when we had him and Hendrick in midfield and got torn apart by Leicester a couple of years ago. Hope I'm wrong of course, he's done a lot of good work for the club over the years but do feel his time is up now

Archived