Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Best Ref In The World?????

They clearly forgot when Spurs scored a goal that was about 2 yards over the line against Mark's Man Utd side, and Mark Clattenburg failed to give it, and his linesman was already day dreaming about another glass of red wine and a good chin wag after the game with the officials best mate, Sir Alex Ferguson, no wonder why they won everything.

Here's hoping he gives the home side the benefit of the doubt on Friday, as he usually does when reffing Man Utd at Old Trafford.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/best-referee-in-the-world-to-take-charge-of-derby-county-v-leicester-city-fa-cup-tie/story-30082927-detail/story.html

It was never the ref's responsibility to spot that - he was on the half-way line, which is where he should have been.It was purely an error by the referee's assistant, but even he was 30 yards behind the ball, understandably in the circumstances (a shot from the half-way line). If that's the only error you can come up with in the last 15 years, he can't be that bad.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

A bit of Derby v Leicester nostalgia from 1993-94

And the pain !!!

& lots more on my YouTube channel - over 200 Derby goal videos now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjYvXqA7qXwEEP4Psx7lBDA

Was at Wembley and thought at the time how unlucky to lose with virtually the last kick.

20 years on........:(

30 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was never the ref's responsibility to spot that - he was on the half-way line, which is where he should have been.It was purely an error by the referee's assistant, but even he was 30 yards behind the ball, understandably in the circumstances (a shot from the half-way line). If that's the only error you can come up with in the last 15 years, he can't be that bad.

It's not the only example I could come up with it was just one example of many that I could of chosen. Stick Clattunburg into You Tube and watch some of his bloopers, listen to managers, fans etc. Anyway I hope he has a good game. And if we score a goal that's two yards over the Leicester City goal line, I hope you and many Derby County fans will expect the ref or the linesman (referee's assistant) to give us the correct decision.

I think its important for us to give a good account of ourselves.

If lose by the odd goal, its not going to dent us much confidence wise, but in the last round manu took reading apart.

Oh wait....its Leicester.

Genuinely feel we can win this, not that we will but, that we can and the prize of beating the "champions of England" on BBC with a whole host of ex festa presentersiskindof delicious. I want to check out liniker's gutted face on iPlayer when I get back from the match.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It's not the only example I could come up with it was just one example of many that I could of chosen. Stick Clattunburg into You Tube and watch some of his bloopers, listen to managers, fans etc. Anyway I hope he has a good game. And if we score a goal that's two yards over the Leicester City goal line, I hope you and many Derby County fans will expect the ref or the linesman (referee's assistant) to give us the correct decision.

Did he kill your frog?

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

There was some discussion on Guardian Podcast on Monday that Ranieri might have lost the dressing room. Possibly due to players getting fed up that it was all down to him that they won the league.

Probably rubbish, but could be good material for abuse on Friday.

He was interviewed last weeksaying he'd just changed the system and the players are still trying to adapt.

So there might be something in that. 

12 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I've not searched You tube but, the thing is, when you're such a high profile ref with many of your games televised it's probably not difficult to find errors amongst the many hours of coverage. Also, I don't think managers and fans comments on a referees performance can really be considered as balanced and fair in most cases.

15 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just read Howard Webbs autobiography...... 

Every Referee in the world makes mistakes.....

Before I bore @RamNut anymore I'll say this.....

Everyone who "moans" or thinks refs should be punished etc..... Why do something so counter productive? 

Ask everyone this..... what would you do to make officiating easier? Instead of critiscising..... come up with ideas.... 

All referees are on a hiding to nothing. They, in my opinion, should be untouchable like Rugby refs. Just give them the power to use red cards more liberally and the diving/cheating/abuse on the field stops. Managers and pundits alike also show huge disrespect to referees and its the media that winds them up.

Clubs/managers need to man up. If they can't lose without whinging then whinge about their own or their players inadequacies, not the referees performance.

I'd like to see a shame box  / sin bin for divers, fake clutchers of faces and general theatrics. You'd be off for 15 mins at a time with your team playing with 10 men. You'd have to stand in an area pitch side with a big Shiney light on it and "cheat"painted on the grass underneath. .:ph34r:

not that I am a vengeful sort really 

57 minutes ago, jono said:

I'd like to see a shame box  / sin bin for divers, fake clutchers of faces and general theatrics. You'd be off for 15 mins at a time with your team playing with 10 men. You'd have to stand in an area pitch side with a big Shiney light on it and "cheat"painted on the grass underneath. .:ph34r:

not that I am a vengeful sort really 

Honestly I think a sin bin would be a good idea to introduce in to football. Sometimes I feel like just a yellow isn't really enough of a deterrent for certain offences because players know they can at least get away with one (insert bad tackle, dive, kicking the ball away, cynical foul) and therefore push the boundaries of what is allowed. 

I remember the Derby v Forest game that Clattenburg did. He made it the most boring game between us that I've ever seen

Got every decision spot on, took no nonsense, let all the niggly fouls go. When anyone ever pretended to be dying he told them to get on with it. 

He was perfect. 

Like has been said, they do have bad games but how many times have you called a free kick and then seen from the replay that you'd be wrong. How many times have you called the ball crossing the line and then seen that it hasn't. They don't have the perfect angle.

It's frustrating when you get one like we did vs Reading. But none of his decisions in isolation were that bad. It was just a bit like having two different refs. 

If you start punishing them for mistakes then you won't have referees for long. They're human.

Some managers blame everyone but their team and themselves. And some managers say nothing but the media constantly push them on a decision and then the interview is edited for the sake of drama. To give Alan and Phil something to talk ***** about. 

If you made a YouTube video of all the good games Clattenburg has had then it would be very very long. If you made a video of all the times Arsenal have benefited from refereeing errors do you think it would be longer or shorter than a video of all the times they've suffered?

Archived