Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We need more than those goals though. We have to have a team capable of consistently competing and winning games. Ince wants to go play in the Prem just like Hughes, what would we have if we told him no?

How are we going to win games when we sell a winger who scores more goals than our crap strikers whose job it actually is to score goals? How do we win games and compete by selling our best players while leaving the absolute s**t and dross who have failed us time and time again in the squad? 

Ince, like Hughes wants to go and play in the Prem because we've got a manager who has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't rate players like them and doesn't want them in his squad. Who would want to stay and play for a manager like that?

Just now, Jayram said:

How are we going to win games when we sell a winger who scores more goals than our crap strikers whose job it actually is to score goals? How do we win games and compete by selling our best players while leaving the absolute s**t and dross who have failed us time and time again in the squad? 

It is up to GR to get us playing to be more than the sum of our parts ie as a team. How, too soon to say, it's only just preseason ffs.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't he play as many minutes? Tough to keep it going longer, surely.

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Injured until January or something like that. So not even fully fit until the latest part of the season. Not bad stats considering the circumstances.

He was on loan at Eibar.

1 hour ago, lee_derby said:

your most prob right,but hes gone now and looks like ince is going for around 11 mill quoted on hitc. im glad as it will give gr the money needed to make his own impact. i did read on dt that we were worst loss in championship 2015/16 season. so i assume the cash is needed now to rebuy.does the chopping managers affect ffp ?

Not the worst!

"Derby County recorded the sixth largest financial loss in the Sky Bet Championship for the 2015-16 season.

Figures compiled by Insider Media Limited found that the 24 teams in the Championship made a total loss of more than £200m during that campaign.

The Rams' latest accounts, for 2015-16, sowed a loss of £14.7m - up from £10.1m the previous year.

Only five clubs recorded a larger deficit than Derby - Middlesbrough, Brighton, Hull, Reading and Bristol City."

4 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Only five clubs recorded a larger deficit than Derby - Middlesbrough, Brighton, Hull, Reading and Bristol City."

Interesting that over half the club's with a bigger financial loss than us achieved promotion to the Premiership so the ends justified the means. Effectively Mel Morris has presided over a huge financial gamble which has backfired in his face.

2 hours ago, swiftur said:

Watford are a premiership graveyard club,huddersfield as well I expect. they both want just 1 premiership contract,can you blame them?

Which is sort of my point, neither will be shackled to either club should the expected happen, all they need to do is shine and someone will sign them

29 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Not the worst!

"Derby County recorded the sixth largest financial loss in the Sky Bet Championship for the 2015-16 season.

Figures compiled by Insider Media Limited found that the 24 teams in the Championship made a total loss of more than £200m during that campaign.

The Rams' latest accounts, for 2015-16, sowed a loss of £14.7m - up from £10.1m the previous year.

So here we go again, then.

How long before a number of amigos buy's the club for a quid?

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

It does make you question why we were told that the club was well within FFP yet it now appears that we are close. We went for it big and shot ourselves in the foot. 

Probably expected Fulham to pay a big fee for martin but it fell through.

5 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Ince wants to leave. What's your suggestion, keep an unhappy player? 

Ground him.

Honestly, how the club are being blamed for Ince wanting to leave is beyond me.

moan about losing him, the fee etc but instead of slagging the club off on here why not offer up what you would say to David Wagner on the phone... f**k offis not an option!

44 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Not the worst!

Bristol City :o

17 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Ground him.

Honestly, how the club are being blamed for Ince wanting to leave is beyond me.

moan about losing him, the fee etc but instead of slagging the club off on here why not offer up what you would say to David Wagner on the phone... f**k offis not an option!

Verpiss dich?

3 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

You've obviously not seen the Rowett interview where he stated that Hughes had actually said he felt it was time for him to move on?! Ince's father has been quite vocal in saying he felt his son should be in the Premiership and I've not seen Tom dispute that.I'd hardly say that someone wanting to play in the Prem is a problem but that would indicate to me that they're less than "fully committed" to a gruelling season in the Championship. As for that being "quite a slur! ?

Of course players want to player at the highest level that's natural.  But if the club they don't have a contract with doesn't sell them, then they have to be professional and give 100% for the team.  If they don't then they do have a character problem...and that's what you were suggesting it seems to me. 

Archived