Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

48 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Call me controversial, but I'd keep both of them tbh (Blackman and Weimann)!

Blackman could actually slot straight into Ince's old place... as I said at the time, there was no point buying him because he plays in a too similar way to Ince - likes to play down the right and cut inside onto his left and had a lot of success with it. Weimann when I first saw him (pre season friendly) was for at least half the match the best DCFC player on the pitch IMO. Plus, let's face it, nobody's going to buy Blackman on the basis of last season. Keep 'em both I say - and let GR work his magic on their confidence. I reckon some might be coming back to read this post come the end of the season... (well, hopefully...!)

Not wanting to be an a hole here and a genuine question but when was he successful with it?

certainly hasnt been whilst wearing the white of derby and he was centrally for reading, his preferred position.

That interview on arrival still makes me laugh/cry when asked he said he wanted to play through the middle.... only us lol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think he will go, but for me keep keep keep. Ince wants this move, thats for sure, but he is wrong. They are the wrong team, this is all very short sighted 

I agree wholeheartedly with this. He could go up to come straight back down and there won't be many looking to take him back up there if that happens. The position he plays is not the sort that gets recognised when you're scrapping at the bottom.  I suspect he won't go even if a fee is agreed. He'll be hoping it sparks interest from another team maybe. To my mind he'd be better having a blinding run in Championship up until Christmas then moving on to a mid table Prem side. 

On 6/29/2017 at 13:55, Mostyn6 said:

No he couldn't have walked. There would have still been a fee payable by any club signing him, but no offer came in. So what you're saying is that anyone wanting to leave cos they get dropped is not disloyal? But Ince is somehow not as loyal?

your most prob right,but hes gone now and looks like ince is going for around 11 mill quoted on hitc. im glad as it will give gr the money needed to make his own impact. i did read on dt that we were worst loss in championship 2015/16 season. so i assume the cash is needed now to rebuy.does the chopping managers affect ffp ?

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not wanting to be an a hole here and a genuine question but when was he successful with it?

certainly hasnt been whilst wearing the white of derby and he was centrally for reading, his preferred position.

That interview on arrival still makes me laugh/cry when asked he said he wanted to play through the middle.... only us lol

No worries. I didn't read much about him, but I watched a load of videos of him before we signed him, and quite honestly that's what I saw him doing. Maybe he was central on paper, but when he scored goals he was cutting in from the right (well on youtube anyhow). From what I saw he did a pretty good job of it. I might go back to youtube and see where else he might have scored from. Anyway, from what I saw, that's definitely where I'd play him. 

Thats true, 

he did hit some beuties during that 3 month purple patch lol

if only he could have kept on being average instead of having that little spell, 

then clement may never have been able to talk mel into spunking a wodge on him lol

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

£22m is more than adequate to replace Keogh, Hughes and Ince. 

We've already replaced Keogh with 2 players for £2.5m so that leaves £20m to replace Hughes and Ince.

Arguably one of the best midfielders in this division last year (Mooy) has just moved for £10m.

Let's not also forget that Rowett has 8 players that never kicked a ball for him last season (Lowe, Forsyth, Shackell, Thorne, Hanson, Weimann, Blackman and Martin) now available.

The last thing we need is even more signings until these guys have either been given a chance or shipped out.

People are getting way too wrapped up in transfer fees when in reality it doesn't matter unless it is forcing us to sell players.

G STAR, I agree with you that Martin, Forsyth and Thorne will feel like new signings and I agree with you that we should utilise the existing squad where possible and the departures of Ince, Keogh and Hughes could be the making of other Derby players' careers. It could be an opportunity for the likes of Wisdom, Shackell, Butterfield, Blackman, Vydra and Weimann all to make their mark. 

But we should be in a position where that is an option, not a necessity. Clearly if it is a necessity then it just shows you how badly we have been run as a club in recent years.

You mention Mooy being sold at £8-10 million as a yardstick. But he is not joining Huddersfield from a Championship club. He is joining from Manchester City where they do not have to fight tooth and nail to keep or extract as much value as possible from a player like this. Mooy is clearly not going to be in the first-team picture there, so there is little resistance to the deal.

For us, Hughes and Ince have been key players so you would think there would be more resistance on our part. If we want to put ourselves in a position of strength and to give the manager as much flexibility as possible, it seems strange to me that we haven't pushed for higher prices for both Ince and Hughes.

When we are selling players well short of their perceived value, it suggests that there is a pressing need for cash and this cash is not likely to be used for improving the playing squad but to simply balance the books.

And so, just how difficult does Rowett's job look now? He is on the verge of losing three key players and the proceeds aren't likely to be reinvested very much, if at all.

So to improve the squad's performance, it will boil down to his coaching and man-management, not his wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. 

He has a limited budget and very little room to manoeuvre in a market where the prices of players we need to elevate ourselves to promotion contenders will most likely be prohibitively high, or as high as the prices we are selling at.

PistoldPete2
21 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Poor mans jordon ibe 

Ince is far better than ibe at championship level. 

2 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

Mate when everything is in place and the window is slammed shut then might be the time to cast a critical eye over the transfer dealings and how the side is playing.

However to say logic demands that we are now skeptical of our manager sounds like whilst not calling for his head, your certainly sharpening the axe and positioning the chopping block.

I'm staggered.

Fans were hailing the signings of wisdom and Davies and were happy Camara got paid up.

But now Mr Rowett has made bold decisions....."Mel, MEEELLL,get the sharpening stone out will ya" 

Ridiculous

Hughes signed a new four year deal last season! You tell him he's a Derby player.

Ill give Rowett some credit if he gets rid of another 4-5 deadwood players AND replaces Hughes/Ince with players as good as.

Until then we don't have a cat in hells chance of top six (Not seen one fictitious line up which doesn't have me not saying midtable) and Rowett has bottles it.

The easy decision is to sell them, the hard decision is to make them stay. That's what a contract is for!

Rowett has a 39% wining record in the Champ. He's just sold our two best players. Not sure how else to take this other than anger and disappointment.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Ill give Rowett some credit if he gets rid of another 4-5 deadwood players AND replaces Hughes/Ince with players as good as.

Until then we don't have a cat in hells chance of top six (Not seen one fictitious line up which doesn't have me not saying midtable) and Rowett has bottles it.

Oh FFS it's his 1st transfer window - you want f'ing miracles!

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The easy decision is to sell them, the hard decision is to make them stay. That's what a contract is for!

Damn right. What we need at Derby are unhappy, resentful players who don't want to be here. And LET IT BE KNOWN if anyone dares signs a contract with Derby IT WILL BE HONOURED OR YOU WILL ROT IN THE RESERVES. We've been too soft too long. 

2 hours ago, Saity said:

I also like both of those players but think Jota would cost the same as Ince but would not score as many.

I really like Tom Lawrence and can see us getting Ibe back on loan 

Me and the stats disagree with you. Last league season, which was Ince's best so far:

Jota 1709 minutes 12 goals 5 assists = point per 100 minutes (goal/142min)

Ince 3608 minutes 14 goals 6 assists = point per 180 minutes (goal/258min)

Jota is simply on different level, best player in the league.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Why didn't he play as many minutes? Tough to keep it going longer, surely.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't he play as many minutes? Tough to keep it going longer, surely.

Injured until January or something like that. So not even fully fit until the latest part of the season. Not bad stats considering the circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Me and the stats disagree with you. Last league season, which was Ince's best so far:

Jota is simply on different level, best player in the league.

I've never wanted a player so much. I can't even remember what Jordan Ibe's name is now. It's all about Jota. ?

Archived