David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

He's a goalscorer.. an old fashioned fox in box who scores important goals. Involved in 2 promotions on the last few years and still only 31! Excellent bit of business in today's market. I'd expect movement out fairly soon, Its all so exciting haha

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having an extra striker available means that Mac may now get Vydra on the pitch. Left probably, to gel with the front man. He couldn't do it before because we lacked cover ... At least that's how I'd like to see it. 

Thinking about our front 3 .. In the middle options of Bent or Nugent or :unsure: Blackman ....where he wants to play in fairness

then as "wide strikers" we have 2 places for 

Ince / Russell / Weiman / Camara / Vydra 

Have I missed anyone ? 

Martin can wait til next season me thinks 

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

TBH some of em deserve it

I don't dispute that. I just think eddie is a bit over the top sometimes. He spends so much energy on laying into other people, I don't know why he wastes his time.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I don't dispute that. I just think eddie is a bit over the top sometimes. He spends so much energy on laying into other people, I don't know why he wastes his time.

I don't think he is tbh bud, some of the things I want to post on here when I read the sh1te some folks put would get me banned :lol:

I just don't log on for a few days/weeks if something really gets my goat.

Ed just tells it like it is, even to me sometimes lol

16 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Think we could get rid of Weimann too and spend a bit on a link between midfield and attack. Someone who ventures beyond the half way line. That's not meant as a criticism of current players - their strengths lie elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Good value, average player though... we really should be looking to move on a striker now (preferably Blackman)

The thing is, we may want a certain price for these players. To get a decent fee for a player, a club actually has to want them. That's why we've perhaps ended up overpaying for players, because they've done well for their previous sides and they want to keep them. I can't see many clubs identifying either players mentioned above as key targets, and if you offer players out to other clubs, they won't be willing to pay much for a player that a team wants rid of.

Best we could hope for with some of these players would be a loan out and hope they impress enough to encourage a side to make an offer for their permanent transfer.

16 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I wonder what percentage of your posts contain an attack on fellow Derby fans? Must be at least 80 or 90%

I mean you're not wrong, we've got some ******. But you might want to give it a rest some time mate.

(I can't believe the word mor ons is censored...Christ on a cross...)

The biggest prats are those who make up statistics to suit their own purpose.

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I think having an extra striker available means that Mac may now get Vydra on the pitch. Left probably, to gel with the front man. He couldn't do it before because we lacked cover ... At least that's how I'd like to see it. 

Thinking about our front 3 .. In the middle options of Bent or Nugent or :unsure: Blackman ....where he wants to play in fairness

then as "wide strikers" we have 2 places for 

Ince / Russell / Weiman / Camara / Vydra 

Have I missed anyone ? 

Martin can wait til next season me thinks 

Anya

Archived