David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

If this transfer window doesn't end soon you might end up a Rams fan Will!

It's quite possible! If you sign anyone else from us I'll definitely be taking a keen interest. To remind me of the most important goal he scored for us, here's a picture of him riding Adam Clayton:

JS85392161.jpg

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've always wanted Rhodes - as in I have always wanted to sign him (as someone had previously said they would have preferred for us to sign Rhodes)

Ive never really liked Nugent as a person - as in, I don't like him, he is a bit of a git

Although I don't know him as a person - as in, I base my dislike on what I have seen on the tv, just as you may have done with famous people. if you dislike Raheem Sterling, you dont know him personally, but you know he is a bit of a dick.

What makes no sense given the contents of previous posts? Assuming you have read them all?

It was an attempt at humour mate! I'm guessing you're referring to him going to Pompey back in the day?

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Don't think he's exactly what we need but behind him 110%, hat trick against Leeds in Friday will be a good start. 

Come on the Nuge. 

He'll start on the bench until Bent has a drop in form. It's the Derby way. New signings don't go straight in

2 minutes ago, feisty said:

He'll start on the bench until Bent has a drop in form. It's the Derby way. New signings don't go straight in

Think you're right there, McClaren doesn't usually change things for the sake of it. I do expect Nugent to come after about an hour though.

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

ST options: Bent, Nugent, Vydra (and probably Martin)

CDM options: Johnson, De Sart, Thorne

Nice to see we've learnt a lesson from 14/15.

LB options: Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe, Anya, Hanson.

Yet it's not enough...

3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Cannot stand this tow rag

Alright, I'll bite.

What's he ever done other than score loads of goals against us?

I mean I felt some animosity towards him for this reason, that's natural, but nothing serious. I got a bit annoyed watching him sink us over and over but that's his job...

I think you'd struggle to find another player for circa £2mil who comes with such high regards from the selling club's supporters.

£2mil nowadays is nothing really. To put it into perspective, a year and 3 days ago we spent around £3mil on Nick Blackman. He has scored 19 career goals at this level spread over 5 seasons. In contrast, Nugent has scored 102 Championship career goals spread over 8 seasons.

For less money we get a more experienced player with a better goalscoring record who will also offer us more to our all round play. Hard to complain about this signing for such a low fee and relatively little risk. If he's half as important for us as Boro fans says he has been for them, then we've got ourselves a bargain.

Archived