David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

I've always wanted Rhodes, and have never really like Nugent as a person, not that I know him of course....however.

Glenn Murray at 30 odd years of age would cost a fair few million, he is just a natural goal scorer in this division.

I would argue that Nugent is comparable with Glenn Murray, maybe slightly less of a goal threat, but as has been said before, Nugent posses far more qualities than Rhodes, comparable qualities with Murray.

For 2 million it is a steal and a gamble worth taking, Well done to Mel and Derby for making this happen should it happen.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Yeh I know. Nothing personal against Vydra - just stating present facts. And considering the second wind some of our players are having (Johnson, Baird, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, we do find a place for him in the squad (just might be a year or so down the road!). 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's playing on the left of the three.

People are giving too much weight to his age.

31 is not that much. It used to be, but modern sport science has changed everything. Nowadays it's more about attitude, you can be gone hitting 32 or carry on for years.

And if our Boro supporters are correct, Nugent should be hard working pro.

23 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Well that makes no sense....

I've always wanted Rhodes - as in I have always wanted to sign him (as someone had previously said they would have preferred for us to sign Rhodes)

Ive never really liked Nugent as a person - as in, I don't like him, he is a bit of a git

Although I don't know him as a person - as in, I base my dislike on what I have seen on the tv, just as you may have done with famous people. if you dislike Raheem Sterling, you dont know him personally, but you know he is a bit of a dick.

What makes no sense given the contents of previous posts? Assuming you have read them all?

Just now, BoroWill said:

:( I'll miss the big dog. What a man.

If this transfer window doesn't end soon you might end up a Rams fan Will!

Archived