David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Alright, I'll bite.

What's he ever done other than score loads of goals against us?

I mean I felt some animosity towards him for this reason, that's natural, but nothing serious. I got a bit annoyed watching him sink us over and over but that's his job...

Spot on and just as I feel.

By the way Tombo, you`ve received my first "like" as I didn`t know how to award one until recently!

13 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Two fingers up at you Moisty6, Nugent himself just said he turned us down to stay at Portsmouth.

know all

oh god. I'm sorry. I don't recall it as a serious choice between us and Pompey. I'd have stayed there too at that time!

But please accept my sincerest apologies.

Well I have sat here and had a good think about this one 

Is he a nob :- check

Has he got a bit of form against us :- check 

Has he got a habit of scoring against us :- check

But is he a winner / quality player at this level :-check 

Better value than some recent transfers : check 

So on reflection I am well pleased with this one.

PistoldPete2

A player who has always had the annoying habit of scoring against us... Which is probably the only reason I haven't liked him until now. But his record is one you have to respect and looks like a canny signing. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

oh god. I'm sorry. I don't recall it as a serious choice between us and Pompey. I'd have stayed there too at that time!

But please accept my sincerest apologies.

What he actually says is Billy gave him a call about two weeks into his time at Portsmouth to enquire whether he was settled.

And people are upset about what we may have encouraged Chris Martin to do at Fulham. At least we gave it a few months before unsettling our own player. I doubt we've tried to unsettle someone elses player two weeks into their move....

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Think we could get rid of Weimann too and spend a bit on a link between midfield and attack. Someone who ventures beyond the half way line. That's not meant as a criticism of current players - their strengths lie elsewhere.

Lansburys signing tomorrow innit:ph34r:

Can someone explain to me why he is a nob?

I've always thought of him as someone who always plays with a smile on his face and gives 100%.

If folks are calling him a nob for scoring against us and takin the piss, then sorry but that is pathetic.

Ince

Bryson

Hughes

Ward

All have gone to forest fans when scored and gave it the big un, are they nobs?. NO. 

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Can someone explain to me why he is a nob?

I've always thought of him as someone who always plays with a smile on his face and gives 100%.

If folks are calling him a nob for scoring against us and takin the piss, then sorry but that is pathetic.

Ince

Bryson

Hughes

Ward

All have gone to forest fans when scored and gave it the big un, are they nobs?. NO. 

He isn't. I think the feeling for some stems from the fact that he once nearly signed for us then seemed to change his mind.

22 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

What's with all the hate?

He's now a Ram. That means you get behind him.

Whatever you thought of him before goes out the window.

You are now willing him to be the best striker in the league.

Because some of our 'fans' are simpletons.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Because some of our 'fans' are simpletons.

I wonder what percentage of your posts contain an attack on fellow Derby fans? Must be at least 80 or 90%

I mean you're not wrong, we've got some ******. But you might want to give it a rest some time mate.

(I can't believe the word mor ons is censored...Christ on a cross...)

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

He's more the latter, a bit of a link-up man. But he's not exactly a pushover either so no reason to believe he's not capable of doing the job.

Interestingly, whoscored lists Nugent as 180cm in height, whereas Chris Martin is a midget in comparison at just 178cm. David Nugent weighs 76kg whereas teeny-tiny Chrissy is only 73kg soaking wet.

So there's that....

Now that is the biggest load of bull**** I've ever seen in my life:D.

Archived