David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

22 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I hope Vydra comes good and this scroat stays on the bench

In the training video they posted this week, you can see them doing a game simulation towards the end, and it looked like Vydra was playing wide left, with Nugent down the middle.

Could be nothing, but possibly this is SMC's thinking? 

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Hmm. Nugent may turn out to be a good player for us, I don't know.  The thing is, I just do not like him!

Is that because he always seems to score against us?

Love him to get a couple tonight and stuff the dirties! :thumbsup:

On 1/14/2017 at 17:42, RadioactiveWaste said:

apparently didn't do.much last night, as such, I think IT'S time to scrap him as another bad transfer and just boo him.out of the club.

Boo!

1) I know you're being facetious but wanted to make a point anyway

2) 10 mins at the end of the game when pretty much everyone in the midfield and attack had been woeful... And balls were being lumped up to nowhere near him... I'm not a massive Nugent fan but he needs time to settle in the squad and balls actually played to him...

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

2) 10 mins at the end of the game when pretty much everyone in the midfield and attack had been woeful... And balls were being lumped up to nowhere near him... I'm not a massive Nugent fan but he needs time to settle in the squad and balls actually played to him...

Yes, I was being entirely facetious :thumbsup: Slating a player whose just arrived at a game I've not seen based on radio derby and personal dislike. If I'd been even remotely serious I'd deserve everything I got.

Point2 is spot on.

33 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

At least he looked keen! :D

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 10:41, oldtimeram said:

I hope Vydra comes good and this scroat stays on the bench

Why did you called David Nugent scroat? Both are decent player in this level OTR. 

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Why did you called David Nugent scroat? Both are decent player in this level OTR. 

I'd go as far to say he is a superb player at this level DEL.

Sometimes I worry about some peoples mental health with comments like that.

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

He may be a decent player at this level. I just do not like him.  No different to the many folk that hated Mr Savage when he was here. 

What don't you like about him?, always plays with a smile on his face and always gives 100% What's not to like.

Oh is it because he scores against us so often?

10 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

As I recall he made derogatory remarks about Derby when we tried to sign him a few years ago

Be that as it may, not everybody that isn't a Derby fan sees the club with the same rose tinted spectacles as we do. Perhaps he did make derogatory remarks about the club when he chose to join Portsmouth instead - but can you blame him? At the time we were an absolute basket case. Step aside from me being a Derby fan and my obvious desire to play for the club and I wouldn't have joined us - alternatively, had Pompey not just won the FA Cup?

Archived