George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes I expect this will be his last season at the club. It is a shame, but GT will more than likely be joining the long list of players costing the club a huge amount of money in transfer & wages, without fulfilling their potential. 

Fozzy too, to be fair…

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, europia said:

Yes I expect this will be his last season at the club. It is a shame, but GT will more than likely be joining the long list of players costing the club a huge amount of money in transfer & wages, without fulfilling their potential. 

I actually only meant this was the final year on his contract with us. If he can prorated himself fit by the start of the season is happily see him handed a 2 year deal. I just can't see his bad luck carrying on forever.

Worth noting as well, George was signed before we went money crazy, his reported fee was £2m. That was absolute steal at the time for a player we had watched play incredibly well for the last 3-4 months. What has happened since with injuries has been very unfortunate.

Here's a heartbreaking statistic for you.

Thorne and Hughes were on the pitch together for just 754 minutes. 24 of those minutes featured a blatantly injured George struggling with injury.

Add Martin into the equation and it's 567 minutes.

:(

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Thorne and Hughes were on the pitch together for just 754 minutes. 24 of those minutes featured a blatantly injured George struggling with injury.

That is a staggering statistic. 8.5 games in how many seasons - 3.5?

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Wow that's really sad. How successful were these minutes? Did we win any games?

I reckon when George came back last time he wasn't fully fit ever....... If we get 100%  of GT "classic edition" we will have a promotion chasing side. He is that influential. The problem comes with a) injuries and b) fitness ... You could see that the first yard was too slow last time. He could play around it because he is a good player but like anyone fitness and sharpness make that 5% difference between good and great. 

22 hours ago, cannable said:

IMG_1143.GIF

IMG_1144.GIF

Archived