George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, brady1993 said:

My big worry with it is that it put a hell of a lot of emphasis on Thorne getting things going and that it'd be relatively easy for opposition to stifle us. They can man mark Thorne and allow Johnson to have the ball because they know there is a reasonable chance he will lose possesion (particularly if you press him after recieving the ball).

Personally would look to bring in somebody new to play alongside Thorne.

If you watch the montage of Thorn'es best bits, very early on the commentators talk of Huddersfield trying to man mark him out of the game. He eventually broke free and bossed them second half. He is too good to get man-marked out of the game more than on the odd occasion.

My only fear is that now Hughes is gone, teams will target Thorne as the one to kick to pieces every game.

We'll have to keep our expectations in check as the lad's bound to need games. I just hope for George himself that he stays healthy. He's had a shocking run of luck. If he gets an even break and has a decent season, the chances are the club will too. 

33 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

If you watch the montage of Thorn'es best bits, very early on the commentators talk of Huddersfield trying to man mark him out of the game. He eventually broke free and bossed them second half. He is too good to get man-marked out of the game more than on the odd occasion.

My only fear is that now Hughes is gone, teams will target Thorne as the one to kick to pieces every game.

Oh I agree he's difficult to mark out of a game, my point is that if teams only have to focus on cutting Thorne off we could run into problems. 

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

We'll have to keep our expectations in check as the lad's bound to need games. I just hope for George himself that he stays healthy. He's had a shocking run of luck. If he gets an even break and has a decent season, the chances are the club will too. 

We don't want any breaks even or not where GT is concerned ??

Archived