George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-6-27 at 14:01, RadioactiveWaste said:

A midfield two of Thorne/Johnson would be OK IMO

Honestly would be a little disappointed if  Johnson is in the starting eleven come the start of the season. I think his technical deficiencies cause a lot of problems and he doesn't really have the athleticism to make up for it.

10 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Honestly would be a little disappointed if  Johnson is in the starting eleven come the start of the season. I think his technical deficiencies cause a lot of problems and he doesn't really have the athleticism to make up for it.

I dont think it'd be the most creative midfield, but it just seems to me the way Rowett might for "robust" in there.

I could always be completely wrong (and often am)

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I dont think it'd be the most creative midfield, but it just seems to me the way Rowett might for "robust" in there.

I could always be completely wrong (and often am)

My big worry with it is that it put a hell of a lot of emphasis on Thorne getting things going and that it'd be relatively easy for opposition to stifle us. They can man mark Thorne and allow Johnson to have the ball because they know there is a reasonable chance he will lose possesion (particularly if you press him after recieving the ball).

Personally would look to bring in somebody new to play alongside Thorne.

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

Seeing Fozzy, Martin and Thorne on DCFC Twitter is making me.. Shake weirdly. I only shake a little when I'm excited!

I had that exact feeling sat at my desk - And had a little tear in my eye

Will Who?

Archived