George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cannable said:

Who'd his direct competition be now Carrick and Barry are out of the picture?

Wilshere, Shelvey, Huddlestone, Drinkwater, Dier and possibly Henderson now he's reinvented himself for Liverpool?

Only three of those are naturally defensive. Three of those have played in The Championship since we've had Thorne and he was better than them all. 

He's better than Mascarell and he's playing in the Bundesliga for a mid-table team, in the German cup final and has been linked with a move back to Real Madrid.

Thorne' quality but the only one out of that list he is better than is Huddlestone. I think he's our best player but he needs to prove himself next season. I'd also add that the likes of loftus cheek , Harry winks and chalobah are also now ahead in the England pecking order

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

And mascarell is a much better player than what he was here. 

It's almost as if he's pushed on from his first season of regular men's football.

I liked him a lot, and and glad to see he's doing well.

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's almost as if he's pushed on from his first season of regular men's football.

I liked him a lot, and and glad to see he's doing well.

I'm glad he's doing well to.

Perhaps just wasn't suited to English football, but there was some talent there. He gets lumped in with the team disintegration that season. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm glad he's doing well to.

Perhaps just wasn't suited to English football, but there was some talent there. He gets lumped in with the team disintegration that season. 

Despite the fact he was unavailable towards the end.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He was getting overwhelmed a bit before injury a bit but there was more wrong with the team than him. I kind of feel he gets a bit unfairly lumped in with the whole thing.

There are a lot of players who get unfairly lumped in with that season.

Martin = injured

Buxton = injured

Mascarell = injured

Eustace = injured

Grant = injured

Thorne = injured

That right there is the spine of the team. Only Keogh was fit. No surprise we collapsed.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

There are a lot of players who get unfairly lumped in with that season.

Martin = injured

Buxton = injured

Mascarell = injured

Eustace = injured

Grant = injured

Thorne = injured

That right there is the spine of the team. Only Keogh was fit. No surprise we collapsed.

Also throw in Bent got injured too.

People go on about the collapse that season but im not sure many teams would have been able to cope with such a lot of key players out at the same time.

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don't actually think this will be a major issue. The latest injury was unrelated to his previous knee problems. With having basically a year off it may have been a good thing long term

i have to be positive

You may be right but often recovering from serious long term injuries for today's footballers lead to injuries in other parts of the body and too many serious long term injuries to recover from kind of set a player on the route to being injury prone with constant niggles ,pulls and strains ,, 

not sure if the above makes sense but it does seem to be easier and less problematic to keep today's highly tuned athletes at near running speed than to have to keep building them back to that level of fitness from scratch ? 

I really hope George comes back and fulfills his potential as a very decent player but also the truth is some players are just out and out unlucky in terms of injuries through their playing careers ,,, the one thing I would say with Thorne at this stage is it's important not to rush him to return to full fitness and 100% cut and thrust but rather take the time to build his fitness and confidence

Archived