George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

He is a bit like King George VI.  He is quite a sickly individual.

We should not try to rely on him this season, otherwise there will be disappointment again. This is assuming he is going to be fit enough to start a game this season? 

Ever the optimist I see

Just now, oldtimeram said:

Realist more like.

I have seen players like him in the past that are never fit to play a whole season. 

Terry Hennessey springs to mind.  A very good player, but never fit for more than 5 minutes.

Have you ever seen a player recover from a broken leg to go on and play a normal career?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have you ever seen a player recover from a broken leg to go on and play a normal career?

Yes and no.

Dave Mackay yes, but there are plenty of others that have not come back successfully to the level they were at previously. Anyway, it is not just the broken leg that bothers me with Thorne.  He just seems to be made of paper and is likely to suffer any sort of injury that could potentially keep him out of the team again for weeks on end

13 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Yes and no.

Dave Mackay yes, but there are plenty of others that have not come back successfully to the level they were at previously. Anyway, it is not just the broken leg that bothers me with Thorne.  He just seems to be made of paper and is likely to suffer any sort of injury that could potentially keep him out of the team again for weeks on end

I would defy anyone made of reinforced concrete to withstand the sort of challenge that Thorne was subject to.

It was nothing to do with being made of paper, or lack of fitness, he suffered a physical assault.

42 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I did not see the tackle so I cannot comment on that, but in my opinion he seems to be a very fragile individual.

I do think the first time he came came back in Mac's second season he was never fit enough and kept rushing back to soon but in the Clement Dazwaz season he was OK until he met Ipswich...

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do think the first time he came came back in Mac's second season he was never fit enough and kept rushing back to soon but in the Clement Dazwaz season he was OK until he met Ipswich...

In hindsight, giving him 130 minutes in four days was madness. 

His Watford comeback was just a throw of the dice as our season fell apart.

4 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

Am I right in saying Thorne has never played more than five consecutive games for us?

I'd take any offer over £3 million for him. Good player but useless when his legs are made of biscuits.

Blasphemy!

He played most of the 15/16 season till that caveman team from suffolk turned up and that butcher douglas snapped him in two. Could have been anyone.

He was smashing it that season as well.

14 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Blasphemy!

He played most of the 15/16 season till that caveman team from suffolk turned up and that butcher douglas snapped him in two. Could have been anyone.

He was smashing it that season as well.

Tbf Douglas is with Natalie Sawyer from Sky Sports so he probably has the right to do whatever he wants.

47 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

Am I right in saying Thorne has never played more than five consecutive games for us?

I'd take any offer over £3 million for him. Good player but useless when his legs are made of biscuits.

No you are incorrect. Start of the 15/16 season he played in the first 6 games, then he has had a spell of 8 games up to the Leeds game where Clement changed most of the team, then a run of 7 at the end of the season, he had a few runs of 5 as well. He also finished 13/14 season playing 12 of the last 13 games, missing the final game of the season before the play offs, against Leeds. 

Archived