George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Am I right in think this the final year of George's contract? Personally I'd like to see him offered another year with a year option. IF he gets back to his best this season we could leave ourselves up ***** creek come next summer, we could be held to ransom or he walks.

He got 1 year left (2018 which is run out of his contract) He signed 4 years deal in 2014. 

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Yeah just as I thought, this is his final season ??

Things will get sorted once he's back on track etc and I'm sure He'll have new one soon. Great player on his days and I hope GR + co manage him carefully during the season from.August to May. ?

20 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Things will get sorted once he's back on track etc and I'm sure He'll have new one soon. Great player on his days and I hope GR + co manage him carefully during the season from.August to May. ?

I'm sure you're right. Would be a major kick in the balls for us if he got back to the old George we all know and love but then left! Football is a cruel game though 

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I'm sure you're right. Would be a major kick in the balls for us if he got back to the old George we all know and love but then left! Football is a cruel game though 

If he stays fit we need to tie him down but no need to rush into anything at this stage, and I'm sure Thorne feels the same way.

If he suffered another long term injury pre-season or early next, I wouldn't expect Derby to offer him a contract. Works both ways.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 19:16, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Yeah just as I thought, this is his final season ??

Yes I expect this will be his last season at the club. It is a shame, but GT will more than likely be joining the long list of players costing the club a huge amount of money in transfer & wages, without fulfilling their potential. 

Archived