new manager list

B4ev6is

any manager will do who is left to there own devises and is given the time to succeed. he must have experiance and the full run of the players to do what he wants and not back down to player pressure. np was that but the nutter in him was always going to surface :lol:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another season where Mels appointment hasn't worked and we end up with a cheaper option to see us through until the end of the season.

Lets not forget Powell was training these players and preparing these players under Pearson, he clearly didn't have the balls to say to Pearson, things aren't working we need to change them.

So underwhelmed with this appointment.....which hopefully means we go onto win promotion now.

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I agree,

clement was a risk, Mel took a gamble with a guy that had rubbed shoulders with some of the very best players and managers in the world, but had no managerial experience 

lets not mess about I think it captured most people's imagination when he was appointed.

it didn't work out and looking back we/clement wasted some serious cash.

a foreign manager is always a little bit more of a gamble as there's nothing like the championship in the world in terms of rigours, demands and intensity imo but as we've seen there's some gold out there and it's certainly more exciting the visiting the same old names.

That said I dont think forests foreign gamble has got much longer left in the job, ironically they'll probably end up with Pearson before xmas 

I get what you say,  but which is the bigger risk?

Someone with "experience " in a different setting? 

A highly rated assistant who has never managed? 

A highly rated foreign manager who has no experience of working in England and may have communication issues? 

There is no "no risk" option. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Not yet confirmed on SSN or in this article. All strong hints and suggestions up to now.

I do expect MM to let Chris have a go. For how long, who knows? Have to remember that (as far as I am aware) Powell wasn't being considered for the vacant DCFC managers job in the summer. 

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

You can't make excuses for bottling important games over and over. Plus wherever he goes he has no concept of how a team should defend. You're a footballing tactics genius and you don't see that or you don't care? And 4-3-3 isn't the holy grail of formations. I may prefer it alongside 4-2-3-1 but you need a few effective formations to be successful in this league. 

Bottling important games over and over? I don't agree with that assessment at all. 

Has no concept of how a team should defend? Derby County set a club record for consecutive clean sheets during his tenure, not bad considering we were playing attacking, at times risky football.

You don't need a few effectve formations to get promoted. You only need one, but able to play a system in numerous ways when it suits which we did under McClaren. 

There were games where we really went all out attack, other times we adopted a more controlling approach and then there were other games where we dropped a little deeper and played on the counter (both away at Ipswich and Brighton in the playoffs, winning both).

There isn't just one way to play a 433, McClaren, Wassall and Clement proved that. It's shape and player positioning, that's all. It can be both attacking and defensive, depending on approach.

Archived