new manager list

B4ev6is

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much in the 'Bryson should have played if he was 100% fit' camp - but there were doubts and he didn't feature at all in the second leg against Brighton, when Derby were absolutely superb.

Yea I agree with u and if next game had been a run of the mill game he would just have to be on the bench but play off final at Wembley to get to the premiership ....

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The Brighton 4-1 win in the home play off game was one of the best performances in years. I too wouldn't have changed that side, a team selection that destroyed QPR on the day. Sometimes football can be cruel and it was in bucket loads that day.

We keep going on about how bloody good we were when we beat Brighton 4-1 in the Play Offs some seasons ago. But I tell you what I wish we were in Brighton's position as a club RIGHT NOW.

After just one somewhat difficult season, they have over the last 18 months clearly been a club who have made ALL the right decisions both on & off the pitch. Sadly we just haven't.

18 minutes ago, TETRA said:

We keep going on about how bloody good we were when we beat Brighton 4-1 in the Play Offs some seasons ago. But I tell you what I wish we were in Brighton's position as a club RIGHT NOW.

After just one somewhat difficult season, they have over the last 18 months clearly been a club who have made ALL the right decisions both on & off the pitch. Sadly we just haven't.

Sadly Mel is far too impatient for that approach.

It's one of the easiest jobs in football at the moment.

As long as the bloke isn't daft, doesn't alienate certain players and can get anything resembling the best out of the players in the squad then we'll be up there. 

Forget their previous achievements, which has blinded me and a few others in the past; focus on the fit for the club.  

I genuinely don't care who comes in, as long as they prove themselves here. I'm surprised Wassall hasn't been considered, he did well in his time as first team coach purely due to the reasons above. Sherwood could be another one who does seem to be an ideal fit.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

As long as the bloke isn't daft, doesn't alienate certain players and can get anything resembling the best out of the players in the squad then we'll be up there. 

Forget their previous achievements, which has blinded me and a few others in the past; focus on the fit for the club.  

I genuinely don't care who comes in, as long as they prove themselves here. I'm surprised Wassall hasn't been considered, he did well in his time as first team coach purely due to the reasons above. Sherwood could be another one who does seem to be an ideal fit.

I agree, but it will still be Chris Powell who's appointed Derby County Manager on a contract till the end of the season. Finances will also dictate that decision whether it proves to be the right one or not.

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What has Sherwood done?

3 hours ago, TETRA said:

They're still in the same division as us, not that much to choose between us really, especially when we play 433

As a Huddersfield fan of many years I in one way hope you get Chris Powell as manager ,he will let the players do as they please ,he will let them train how they please and they will all say what a great guy he is ,that may be as good as it gets ,will he commute from London every day or will he even attend training ,for all these great attributes the standard of football he sends his team out to play may be the most mind numbing football you have watched ,

Overall good luck for the season ,hope the 2k tickets you have been allocated at ours sell well  

4 minutes ago, terrierbite said:

As a Huddersfield fan of many years I in one way hope you get Chris Powell as manager ,he will let the players do as they please ,he will let them train how they please and they will all say what a great guy he is ,that may be as good as it gets ,will he commute from London every day or will he even attend training ,for all these great attributes the standard of football he sends his team out to play may be the most mind numbing football you have watched ,

Overall good luck for the season ,hope the 2k tickets you have been allocated at ours sell well  

How come only 2000 this year ? Are you starting to get a few more through the gate now your top of the league? Surely you will give us some more ? 

Yup it appears only 2k this time round for the away supporters ,the chairman and everyone agrees that the atmosphere is better when ground is full of town fans rather than 4.5k away supporters at or in the south stand ,the club has had to take a hit on this however the change is noticeable ,this it appears will apply to all the bigger clubs including yourself ,Newcastle ,Villa and even probably Leeds ,

Big move for a club like Town who have no parachute payments ,the chairman has used half the TV money on reducing season ticket prices and making local offers on cheap tickets on day of match ,unfortunately while Town fans are paying a tenner the away fans are paying £30 ,suppose it will be reciprocal when at your place

1 hour ago, terrierbite said:

In your opinion, was this down to Chris Powell or the players he had? He got Charlton playing pretty well in League One.

Can someone do a poll on who wants Powell in? 

It appears people seem to think it will be fine to give it him now, cant help but think many wouldn't have been happy if he had got it 3 months ago outright.

Will he get the same treatment Wassall did which was quite frankly embarrassing?

I'd support him but be very underwhelmed if Powell gets it, on the other hand there is absolutely nobody else out there.

What a mess!

I take on board what you say ,he had some decent players at his disposal (Jacob B) included ,however his mind-set was one of playing for a point and most of all talked as though we should be grateful if we achieved a point ,yes I agree he did not have a war chest to spend however the guy who came in after Powell had us playing good football ,not always winning but not putting the supporters to sleep ,maybe if he gets the Derby job he may have more heart for it due to previous connections ,at Town he did the training sessions around his travelling back and forth to London ,this has come from the chairman himself ,the team was not managed and in the end nothing was the fault of Powell .

Archived