new manager list

B4ev6is

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God don't we need someone for a minimum of three years. Continuity is long overdue. My choice would be from

Steve McLaren. We have unfinished business (!) and he will never leave again after the Newcastle saga

Karl Robinson. A loyal manager who has done well with no money and a constant churn of loan players (Bamford, afobe, puncheon, Grigg , Townsend). What could he go with an actual squad of his own?

Gary Rowett. Did well at Burton and Birmingham

in hindsight Gary Monk would have been a good choice. Very loyal to Swansea as a player going up the leagues and decent enough record in the PL as a young English manager

i think Powell will probably get it but he was not our choice at the start of the season to get us into the PL and the choice of subs against Reading was a bit bizarre. Will he be a permanent reminder of this seasons fiasco or can he give us the new manager bounce?

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Paco Jemez would be my Pochettino or Karanka managerial signing. He certainly wouldn't get sacked for not playing the derby way.

I don't think Derby or any team in England has ever played the Paco Jemez way.    It would be exciting...but it's not going to happen. 

Surely Powell has got it, the statement said nothing about a manager to take over until a descion was made so clearly going to be announced soon 

I believe we need a unity management committee and coalition ... Split in to subsections as follows

1) team selection .. 4 members with David as chairman

2) set up cordinators .. 4 members with joint chairmanship Bris and Ninos

3) half time motivators and analysts  .. Angieram and Tony 

5) substitution, bench manager and youth team boss B4 

6)  post match interviews ...Eddie 

7) post match firing squad and attendees to be appointed 

I'm not that bothered who we get ! I've got my preferences but nobody gives two hoots about them apart from me . I was never really a Pearson fan but I backed . My one ask is though is please let's stick with someone ! Pick a manager with a philosophy that suits the owners and for God sake GIVE HIM TIME !!!!!

I would like us to conduct a scientific experiment and give the manager's job to a chimpanzee.  Picking the team would be a random exercise in chance - worth a go surely.  Great fun to be had watching it jumping up and down and screeching on the touchline - no change there then. And no more vacuous, cliché-ridden post match interviews - he could just stick his big pink bum in the camera and whistle instead.  It's time for a change, so let's go ape! 

Lots of names from around our level mentioned but in spite of those being from clubs that played some goodish football I don't see a dream appointment. It all makes me think that so much of it is about "fit" and that is very much lap of the gods stuff. Yes a manager has to know his stuff and we'd all like him to have a bit of flair but you just never know what your going to get because there are so many variables.

so I am going with Chris Powell .. The Jobs yours to lose mate win more than you lose, get us up the table scoring goals with a sniff at the play offs, let's take from there .. and there are 30,000 backing you from now. Roll the dice, no promises up and at em. 

3 minutes ago, Ramshackled said:

I would like us to conduct a scientific experiment and give the manager's job to a chimpanzee.  Picking the team would be a random exercise in chance - worth a go surely.  Great fun to be had watching it jumping up and down and screeching on the touchline - no change there then. And no more vacuous, cliché-ridden post match interviews - he could just stick his big pink bum in the camera and whistle instead.  It's time for a change, so let's go ape! 

After ostritch, it's evolving before our eyes, as long as we can miss out the "forest fan" stage (the "missing link")

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

What's ignorant exactly? He's no more than league one manager, with absolutely no experience whatsoever at managing a bunch of underperforming egos. Go on the Charlton forum, ask any Huddersfield town fan on twitter. Same answer every time "dire football, but nice guy". I don't want a nice, lovely chap managing. I want someone who can motivate these players, going into games with confidence and to hold out till that final whistle blows.

Now I'm seeing people suggest fookin Igor to assist?! Duuuuuh, he's done even less in his time managing. Stop with the former player love in. Let's get Wanchope back too eh? He's managed the Rica national side.

We have aspirations to be in the premiership right? 

Spot on

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Bruce would've been nice but if he's off to villa then I'd like to see a young manager who knows what he's doing. Rowett being the local option - I'd be well happy with that - or some visionary foreigner. 

I like Chris Powell and wouldn't mind at all him getting the job till the summer but I wouldn't be expecting any kind of promotion push under him. I'd love to be wrong about that though.

Could've put that almost word for word, I think Rowett or Powell until the season end would be fan favourite choices but that's what worries me slightly.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Powell's jobs in the championship have been with considerably less resources than here. And bringing in someone from outside is a bit different to promoting someone who is in and a known quantity. Powell wouldn't have had a shout in the summer, but now, I'd be happy enough for him to stay on. 

True, I wonder if there will be any rush with this decision? If not it will be interesting to gauge the support for Powell pending the next 2 home games, 2 wins could seal it for him specially against the dirties. However, throw in a loss and there will be plenty calling for someone higher profile.

Hope he can do it but it's more a sentimental wish, than real conviction he'll take us up the table.

If we had apppinted Chris Powell in the summer I'd have been utterly bemused. I'm really not sure what to make if he is given the job on a contract beyond next summer. Gary Rowett is another one. 

Ideally you'd want McClaren back as coach with a Brentford style recruitment team.

5 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Scchteeve would have to kiss 30,000 rams fans arses and crawl on broken glass to Mel to stand a remote chance after his behaviour, yes the argument is we sacked him, but scchteeve orchestrated that sacking

…by turning Newcastle down numerous times.

Archived