new manager list

B4ev6is

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Nixon saying on  his Twitter account that, if Powell gets the job, the only reason will be that FFP prevents us paying the necessary level of compensation to Birmingham City for Gary Rowett

Well thats ********, as we are many millions within our limits.Unless we want to go on a spending spree in january.

16 hours ago, reveldevil said:

It's almost like he's a Brighton fan, going by the amount of times he mentions them.

Just because a person is somewhat impressed from a distance as to how successfully a particular club is being run of late doesn't make them a fan of that club does it. Or does being a Rams fan mean you should never mention how you think other clubs are run, whether that be good or bad ?.

I noticed even Mel Morris in today's Marketing Conference at the iPro brought Brighton up as an example of a very well run club, so is he now also to be classed as a Brighton fan as well then ?. 

What is this obsession with ROWETT, very average in my book.  As per MM he wants an impact manager, style, fluid football not a run of the mill type manager. On the above list is McClaren who when we were flying we were almost impossible to beat, the other name is Hoddle... Boy he is well connected still even with Wenger...the rest I.e Bruce and others not a chance, even Powell as he has been our main coach in this bad run.. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Are McLeish and  Davies on the list for some kind of proportionate representation?

Can't think of any other reason.

Or maybe King Billy is there because he is the most successful manager in the last 15 years at our place....the only one that a whole generation of Derby fans have seen lead us back to the big time. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Or maybe King Billy is there because he is the most successful manager in the last 15 years at our place....the only one that a whole generation of Derby fans have seen lead us back to the big time. 

I'm sorry.

What odds is Jim Smith?

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Behave son - He is only on there because clowns are back in fashion!

Temporary manager - 'until the end of the season' - is not what we want IMO.  The season's end is too far away and with the best will in the world during a bad run the players will have in the back of their minds, 'well he won't be around next year so why should I listen to him?'  Human nature.  Do we really want to be looking for yet another manager in May or trying to sell season tickets in March/April with a temporary manager in place?

And, whoever it is has to be trusted with players in and out in January - medium term decisions that help us to go up this season or next, playing an entertaining style of winning football and encouraging the academy prospects through into the first team.

FWiW I would think that Mel and Sam would be including Chris Powell in a shortlist (if he wants to be, and he might not) but that they will be seeking other candidates as well.  It would be surprising if Rowatt wasn't interviewed last time along with Warnock, Wassall and Pearson and he might have done well then. So might Wassall.

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

as much as I defend Billy's season. He couldn't do that now. He came in when the squad was threadbare, he was allowed to put a new spine in the team.

He wouldn't be allowed to rid the club of calamitous 'Jonah's like Keogh.

Davies is the man to come in and build, not demolish and build.

Archived