new manager list

B4ev6is

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, valleyram said:

We should be in the premier league and would be if that clown mclaren had played Bryson at Wembley , the fact that the qpr dressing room were overjoyed when they saw the team lines says it all 

The Brighton 4-1 win in the home play off game was one of the best performances in years. I too wouldn't have changed that side, a team selection that destroyed QPR on the day. Sometimes football can be cruel and it was in bucket loads that day.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The Brighton 4-1 win in the home play off game was one of the best performances in years. I too wouldn't have changed that side, a team selection that destroyed QPR on the day. Sometimes football can be cruel and it was in bucket loads that day.

Yip it was however if your player of the year is fit and they are old guys who don't like chasing runners it doesn't take rocket science to change it when the prize is the biggest in world football , a ridiculous decision in my eyes and we have got worse every year since then 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

lol, who would you have dropped?

Mostyn probably Jeff and it would have been harsh on him and if it had been any other game I would have said same again as the Brighton game 

but no on a one off game that gets u to the premiership 

2 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Yip it was however if your player of the year is fit and they are old guys who don't like chasing runners it doesn't take rocket science to change it when the prize is the biggest in world football , a ridiculous decision in my eyes and we have got worse every year since then 

Who would you have dropped to accommodate him then?

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Mostyn probably Jeff and it would have been harsh on him and if it had been any other game I would have said same again as the Brighton game 

but no on a one off game that gets u to the premiership 

but that is favouritism and not necessarily for the good of the team. That starting XI earned the right to start, Bryson didn't. I'd have said Bamford deserved the start more than Bryson at that point.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

but that is favouritism and not necessarily for the good of the team. That starting XI earned the right to start, Bryson didn't. I'd have said Bamford deserved the start more than Bryson at that point.

Can't remember Bryson doing that much when he did come on...

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's all about opinions mate but if someone who has scored 16 goals and the same amount of assists that season didn't deserve a start then I don't know what does 

Bryson should have come on for Hendrick, not Hughes. Also Bamford instead of Dawkins, considering we needed a goal at that stage and he would have been the bigger goal threat.

All in hidsight of course. We did enough and got in enough decent position to win that game easily.

A lack of conviction upfront and a collection of errors in the same move at the back cost us.

I wonder how many CVs they had in the post in the days after Pearson was suspended?

"Key Achievements: Keeping Notts Forest in the Championship.

Key Attributes: Excellent media relations

Reputation: So high that I turned down both the Scotland job and the Rangers job when it was clear I wasn't going to get either and the St Mirran job when I was!

Philosophy: kick it out, right out"

or

"Key achievements: Won Dutch League, International experience

Key skills: tuft management, umbrella selection, technical coaching

Management style: looking relaxed with a cup of coffee"

or

"Strong record of academy management, brilliant motivational speaker, not Paul Clement"

9 minutes ago, valleyram said:

It's all about opinions mate but if someone who has scored 16 goals and the same amount of assists that season didn't deserve a start then I don't know what does 

but that is not too far from saying "Martin should be starter cos he scored x amount...".

Bryson was out of form, and still is.

34 minutes ago, valleyram said:

We should be in the premier league and would be if that clown mclaren had played Bryson at Wembley , the fact that the qpr dressing room were overjoyed when they saw the team lines says it all 

Is that the same Bryson who missed a sitter at Wembley from 6 yards, and one from 6 inches last season at Hull?

12 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I agree,

clement was a risk, Mel took a gamble with a guy that had rubbed shoulders with some of the very best players and managers in the world, but had no managerial experience 

lets not mess about I think it captured most people's imagination when he was appointed.

it didn't work out and looking back we/clement wasted some serious cash.

a foreign manager is always a little bit more of a gamble as there's nothing like the championship in the world in terms of rigours, demands and intensity imo but as we've seen there's some gold out there and it's certainly more exciting the visiting the same old names.

That said I dont think forests foreign gamble has got much longer left in the job, ironically they'll probably end up with Pearson before xmas 

If we get someone from abroad that doesn't speak English might last a bit longer with Mel.

36 minutes ago, valleyram said:

The very same person Eddie , u need to make the runs and get into position to miss them mind u 

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much in the 'Bryson should have played if he was 100% fit' camp - but there were doubts and he didn't feature at all in the second leg against Brighton, when Derby were absolutely superb.

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

I agree tbh. Brysons late runs would have been perfect on a large pitch like wembley

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much in the 'Bryson should have played if he was 100% fit' camp - but there were doubts and he didn't feature at all in the second leg against Brighton, when Derby were absolutely superb.

I think it's important to look at the context of the tie in this situation. Brighton always had to attack as they lost the first leg which meant that they would be more spaces in behind for us, Hendrick's much better in a counter attacking team like we were that day and countered at pace. However, at Wembley QPR were always going to sit 10 men behind the ball as they didn't have the legs to combat our midfield. In this case Martin would have been isolated, which he was and he had no support. Hendrick didn't get close to Martin that day like Bryson would have done. Hendrick probably did deserve to be in the team based on merit but in hindsight I would have played Bryson and Bamford instead of Hendrick and Russell respectively

Archived