The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Kinda funny that other than a few posters on this thread, that judging by the blackout of info at his loan deadline, no one could care less. Fulham fans don't care, we don't care and the media apparently couldn't care. Pretty dire coverage for a pretty dire player. lol

The fact that this thread (not even including the one in transfer talk) has 215 pages would suggest that we do care...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Kinda funny that other than a few posters on this thread, that judging by the blackout of info at his loan deadline, no one could care less. Fulham fans don't care, we don't care and the media apparently couldn't care. Pretty dire coverage for a pretty dire player. lol

Your obsession is frightening. Is there a sense of unfulfilment in your life? Why not try and support our players rather than always trying to put them down. Give it rest for a day.

39 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You look like you care, mate

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Martin is not a dire player at all, and if you really believe that, then you know nothing about football, Martin for a free transfer has been a great signing, and makes us tick as a team. Can not wait to see him back in a Derby shirt, and most fans I know agree with this, Martin makes us a better team all round.

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

DYuUc.gif

10 hours ago, philmycock said:

Your obsession is frightening. Is there a sense of unfulfilment in your life? Why not try and support our players rather than always trying to put them down. Give it rest for a day.

Before he started posting on the messageboard, he used to just pollute the match chatroom. I had him down as 'troll' first.

;)

41 minutes ago, eddie said:

Before he started posting on the messageboard, he used to just pollute the match chatroom. I had him down as 'troll' first.

;)

Be specific with your personal insult. 

Imagining that Chris had had the career he had with us at say Leeds, and had then gone on to Fulham...and now we were potentially signing him.

I would be pretty lukewarm. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome him..I just wouldn't see him as a main man to push us top 3/4. 

Can't help thinking a lot of the excitement is nostalgia rather than genuine appreciation of the player.  I realise I will get shot down in flames and all the stats will come out..but that's my gut reaction. 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Imagining that Chris had had the career he had with us at say Leeds, and had then gone on to Fulham...and now we were potentially signing him.

I would be pretty lukewarm. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome him..I just wouldn't see him as a main man to push us top 3/4. 

Can't help thinking a lot of the excitement is nostalgia rather than genuine appreciation of the player.  I realise I will get shot down in flames and all the stats will come out..but that's my gut reaction. 

Exactly. Dont see a need for anyone  shooting down your view. You're just articulating the majority view as opposed to the majority of posts on this thread since it has attracted the aficianados, like moths to light.

In fairness we haven't been offered good football or a good striker in so long that the bang average suddenly looks like a hot shot.

30 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Exactly. Dont see a need for anyone  shooting down your view. You're just articulating the majority view as opposed to the majority of posts on this thread since it has attracted the aficianados, like moths to light.

In fairness we haven't been offered good football or a good striker in so long that the bang average suddenly looks like a hot shot.

The majority views? You know that do you? For a fact? How many have told you their views on Martin? What is the ratio like?

If he has been bang average what would consider being as good? Who was the last good striker we had then? Just so I know who you are comparing him to.

You can not like some one for whatever reason you want but to throw hyperbole rubbish out there to try and make is point just makes you look like a bitter and twisted person.

33 minutes ago, Ninos said:

What's your evidence (not just your opinion) that your view is the majority view? The lack of recent comment is not evidence by the way.

43 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Imagining that Chris had had the career he had with us at say Boro, and had then gone on to Fulham...and now we were potentially signing him.

I'd suggest you look at where Boro and Fulham have been playing their football, and say that he also played with Norwich. He scores, assists, links play and defends well at corners, and yet is only 28, sounds a great player for us to buy. What's not to like?

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Source?

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

aficianados

Aficionados* 

(The internet/computers/phones have spellcheck - I admit I had to guess how to spell it)

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

So name one please? Name a striker who has been consistently as good as Martin - That we can conceivably get to boost our chances for the coming season...

It's all very well being negative but please try to be useful instead - At the moment all you're doing is saying "No" - We need you to give us a "No - But..." - A suggestion of what the possible solution is please

We're not a Premier League team at the moment - So we're not going to be able to attract the next Ronaldo to join us - And for the upper end of the Championship pushing for promotion (which Martin has done before) he's a very good striker - 3 of our former managers have thought so, a Fulham manager has thought so, and the only manager who hasn't thought so is our worst manager in my memory of watching Derby  

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

After a season of Bent as a lone striker, its pure appreciation. The point of posting those Martin videos is because it showed everything last seasons team lacked aka a bit of quality in front of goal and someone who brings others into play. It was no coincidence that our goals without Martin did not come from midfield or wings (aside Ince obvs) while Fulham's goals came from all over. 

Theres no guarantees obviously and Martin has a point to prove as there will be, and has to be a few questions at his door, but also you have to remember his first stint with us. When he came he had  been shipped out on loan a couple of times by Norwich before without really impressing and was becoming a bit of an unknown. He had that point to prove and we gave him that chance. I think this season could hold something similar for him too 

Archived