The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Source?

Aficionados* 

(The internet/computers/phones have spellcheck - I admit I had to guess how to spell it)

So name one please? Name a striker who has been consistently as good as Martin - That we can conceivably get to boost our chances for the coming season...

It's all very well being negative but please try to be useful instead - At the moment all you're doing is saying "No" - We need you to give us a "No - But..." - A suggestion of what the possible solution is please

We're not a Premier League team at the moment - So we're not going to be able to attract the next Ronaldo to join us - And for the upper end of the Championship pushing for promotion (which Martin has done before) he's a very good striker - 3 of our former managers have thought so, a Fulham manager has thought so, and the only manager who hasn't thought so is our worst manager in my memory of watching Derby  

I believe he and Toddy were once having a discussion about why Martin isn't a top class striker and compared him to Suarez. 

That's the only name I've seen either of them come up with and I know he rates Vydra (who would actually need a foil anyway).

So Luis Suarez and Matej Vydra.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, cannable said:

I believe he and Toddy were once having a discussion about why Martin isn't a top class striker and compared him to Suarez. 

That's the only name I've seen either of them come up with and I know he rates Vydra (who would actually need a foil anyway).

So Luis Suarez and Matej Vydra.

Cool - That seems like a legitimate solution - Is Gary aware of this Suarez chap? Where's he from? 

Ninos,you are coming across as being a quite sad and somewhat bitter individual at the moment....

I'm seen some of your posts,on subjects other than martin,that can actually be quite grown up or humourous but you seem to be unable to regulate yourself on this subject.

This is a shame as a more objective view,instead of just creating clickbait for no good reason,might actually add some insight from an opposing viewpoint and be more useful.

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Hope he bangs in 20+ goals next season, that should shut up the haters.

they will say he should have got 30+

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Hope he bangs in 20+ goals next season, that should shut up the haters.

After he scored at home against Bournemouth two or three seasons ago I ended up having a row with an idiot behind me who had been slating him all game. I basically said that guy has just scored his (19th) goal for us and you are moaning. The moral of the story? Some people value their opinion more than they are prepared to accept reality. You will never change them.

45 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

After he scored at home against Bournemouth two or three seasons ago I ended up having a row with an idiot behind me who had been slating him all game. I basically said that guy has just scored his (19th) goal for us and you are moaning. The moral of the story? Some people value their opinion more than they are prepared to accept reality. You will never change them.

Did you get the chaps name? Would it be impertinent of me to suggest it may have been Ninos or Toddy? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

How many season's ago was it when he scored 20+? ?

And of course no player EVER has scored 20+ goals in a season unless they got 20+ goals in the season prior - I mean everyone knows you either score 20+ goals every single year otherwise you just aren't capable of doing it...

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Us 'haters' would love to be shut up by 20 league goals.

We're all Derby!

Really? If that's the case then why do some posters appear to take every opportunity to criticise one particular Derby player. We can't all like every player who represents the club and making your views known once or twice is understandable but a tiny minority on this forum seem to have little else to contribute.

It's now boring.

Archived