Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've resisted from reading the potential 13 pages of drivel and decided to stick my ore in

Firstly I can't believe we're even having this discussion off of the back of a defeat to a team which I believe will be challenging the top 4 in the premier league . 

Although it's been hard at times and sometimes frustrating , I personally believe we will get out this small rut we find ourselves in . 

In a way I'm pleased NP hasn't resorted to last seasons tactics. It shows he actually has a plan and a vision of the way he sees us playing . 

I've been hard pressed to try and envisage the way this 4 4 2 but it will work , I have faith ! It's just taking longer to adapt that NP originally planned.  Let's not get het up and make silly knee jenkins decisions.  Let's face it it's not just this season , I can count on one the number of good performances we've had in the past year ! This is a team who needs direction , who needs a leader and most of all needs support .

Sorry for the rant/ rallying call but I needed to get that off my chest . Better now . COYR 

That post was rock solid.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

We won't get relegated, so the worst that can happen is we do exactly what we have done in the last few years, kick off next season in the Championship. Not that much of a gamble really.

With 5000 less season ticket holders if the style of football does not improve.

17 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've resisted from reading the potential 13 pages of drivel and decided to stick my ore in . 

Firstly I can't believe we're even having this discussion off of the back of a defeat to a team which I believe will be challenging the top 4 in the premier league . 

Although it's been hard at times and sometimes frustrating , I personally believe we will get out this small rut we find ourselves in . 

In a way I'm pleased NP hasn't resorted to last seasons tactics. It shows he actually has a plan and a vision of the way he sees us playing . 

I've been hard pressed to try and envisage the way this 4 4 2 but it will work , I have faith ! It's just taking longer to adapt that NP originally planned.  Let's not get het up and make silly knee jenkins decisions.  Let's face it it's not just this season , I can count on one the number of good performances we've had in the past year ! This is a team who needs direction , who needs a leader and most of all needs support .

Sorry for the rant/ rallying call but I needed to get that off my chest . Better now . COYR 

People aren't debating it off the back of the Liverpool defeat. They're debating it because of the quite frankly dreadful start to the season that seems to be showing no signs of improving.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Really not sure:

• Because those who were not subject to any of the above constraints were no better than those they would replace
  • Because he wanted to give those already here the chance to show they could adapt to a 4-4-2
  • Because many Derby 'fans' would have dissolved in their own bilious clouds of froth if he'd cleared out the players they think ought to be playing

Any of the above sound remotely plausible?

Nope, not really.

If you think the signings he has made are better than what we already have, oh dear. Different, okay.

He's done a good job so far of getting Derby fans frothing at the mouth!

16 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

People aren't debating it off the back of the Liverpool defeat. They're debating it because of the quite frankly dreadful start to the season that seems to be showing no signs of improving.

Coincidence then that this thread has been started straight after the Liverpool game ? 

I think it's quite clear we haven't had the greatest of starts this season. You really don't think it shows any signs of improving? We're creating chances which to me is a positive sign and we will only get better the more and more players get used to playing the system . 

What's your solution ? Sack the manager again ? 

36 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've resisted from reading the potential 13 pages of drivel and decided to stick my ore in . 

You appear to have contradicted yourself a little. What is the plan? What is the attempted pattern of play?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, not really.

If you think the signings he has made are better than what we already have, oh dear. Different, okay.

He's done a good job so far of getting Derby fans frothing at the mouth!

What so Vydra and Wilson are not better than bent and Blackman? And Anya's not better than any of our other wingers ? 

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Coincidence then that this thread has been started straight after the Liverpool game ? 

I think it's quite clear we haven't had the greatest of starts this season. You really don't think it shows any signs of improving? We're creating chances which to me is a positive sign and we will only get better the more and more players get used to playing the system . 

What's your solution ? Sack the manager again ? 

I take it you didn't go last night then? 

Half of the team had absolutely no idea what they were doing or even where they were supposed to be playing. Ince was our deepest non-defender at one point and was ordered not to press whenever he went to. 

It was Brentford 2015 bad. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

You appear to have contradicted yourself a little. What is the plan? What is the attempted pattern of play?

How have I? The point I was making is that if he didn't have a plan and a style he wanted to implement he could have just reverted back to 4 3 3 like clement did . The plans 2 central midfielders instead of 3 which frees an extra attacking player up . Just need to find the right mix . 

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

I take it you didn't go last night then? 

Half of the team had absolutely no idea what they were doing or even where they were supposed to be playing. Ince was our deepest non-defender at one point and was ordered not to press whenever he went to. 

It was Brentford 2015 bad. 

Yes I was there last night ! Like I said in my previous post you can't take a lot from last night's game  . In simple terms they were just too good for us . You can analyse it as much as you want but that's the simple answer. 

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What so Vydra and Wilson are not better than bent and Blackman? And Anya's not better than any of our other wingers ? 

Actually Vydra might not be better than Bent (or Martin!) and Wilson might not be better than Blackman. Is Anya better than Russell/Camara or just different?

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yes I was there last night ! Like I said in my previous post you can't take a lot from last night's game  . In simple terms they were just too good for us . You can analyse it as much as you want but that's the simple answer. 

Chelsea 2014, 2015 and United 2016 - all beat us but you could still tell it was us.

It doesn't matter who they were last night. OUR players had no idea what they were supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter that it was Liverpool. Even if it was Northampyon they still wouldn't have known what they were supposed to be doing. 

5 hours ago, TETRA said:

Mel looks happy ?. 

Should we fail to get a goal or at least get something positive out of these now very important next 2 games that will almost certainly change.

If the worst senario happens & we have just 6 points & just 2 league goals after 10 league games I can't foresee anything other than Pearson being shown the door & very quickly. Whether that's the right or wrong decision won't really matter.

He and the rest of the Derby board contingent looked far from happy at the end of the game on Saturday, according to my Bristol friend who sits right next to the directors' box there.

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Chelsea 2014, 2015 and United 2016 - all beat us but you could still tell it was us.

It doesn't matter who they were last night. OUR players had no idea what they were supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter that it was Liverpool. Even if it was Northampyon they still wouldn't have known what they were supposed to be doing. 

Exactly...did we have a pattern against Carlisle? Against Burton? Against the other Lge 1 side in the cup...?Was it Grimsby. When you have no fluidity and an unbalanced shape and a team who aren't sure...it manifests itself in the performance. It doesn't get better through habitual playing...it just stays the same...although players become demoralised and their individual performances decline...and so does the collective one. When there's an underlying pattern developing...there are glimpses of it. Anyone see any glimpses? I just see the same NP post-match press conference...in fact, save the media team time and just show the video of the previous game's press conference..NP nostrils flared...speaking morosely..ad infinitum. 

15 minutes ago, cannable said:

Tell it was us in what way exactly? 

Archived