Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:39, cheron85 said:

Pearson's way is organised, disciplined defending... Which seems to be working a little bit (not much) but seems to have sapped every ounce of attacking intent we have...

But we never really had that poor a defensive record did we - surely Pearson can't claim that!?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth is that we have few good Managers in the English League and if Pearson were to be sacked who would take his place ? I for one believe he is able to rebuild a side that towards the end of last season had lost all confidence and the lack of ability of a few players really told.Our supporters are desperate for success but it comes at a price and patience is a price we have to pay, Pearson inherited an average side that had punched above there weight he now has to shed the average and bring in quality and this may take all season meanwhile the results will be dissapointing but I for one see no other way.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

But we never really had that poor a defensive record did we - surely Pearson can't claim that!?

I did start a thread about the fact that we don't seem to have much better a defence so far this season than overall for the last 3 seasons... 

There's absolutely no chance of Pearson going anywhere, even if we lose on Saturday. Or the next five games for that matter.

Vydra, Wilson, Anya have got to find their feet and collectively the squad has to adapt to the changes Pearson is asking for.

Until his ways are proved to be 'failed' and not 'failing' MM won't be making a change.

If we were to change then the new manager would be stuck with someone else's record £8m signing, who they might not want.

I'm sick of seeing 'Pearson Out' plastered everywhere. Get a grip. Not everyone wants Total football and missing out on the play-offs every year when we flop from Feb onwards.

20 minutes ago, old tray boy said:

I for one believe he is able to rebuild a side that towards the end of last season had lost all confidence and the lack of ability of a few players really told.Our supporters are desperate for success but it comes at a price and patience is a price we have to pay, Pearson inherited an average side that had punched above there weight he now has to shed the average and bring in quality and this may take all season meanwhile the results will be dissapointing but I for one see no other way.

You mean the one that beat Hull 2-0 and also 4-0 a few weeks later with a draw away at Brighton inbetween?

We were inconsistent maybe but short of confidence with average players...No.

How does a side punch above its weight consistently for 3 years?

We now have people trying to re-write history to try and make NPs job much harder than it should have been in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

There's absolutely no chance of Pearson going anywhere, even if we lose on Saturday. Or the next five games for that matter.

Vydra, Wilson, Anya have got to find their feet and collectively the squad has to adapt to the changes Pearson is asking for.

Until his ways are proved to be 'failed' and not 'failing' MM won't be making a change.

If we were to change then the new manager would be stuck with someone else's record £8m signing, who they might not want.

I'm sick of seeing 'Pearson Out' plastered everywhere. Get a grip. Not everyone wants Total football and missing out on the play-offs every year when we flop from Feb onwards.

overnight success is what they are after, it doesnt exist, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to really improve calling for the sack of a proven manager is utterly stupid support the team and dont panic i have supported derby over sixty years and and have seen many changes over that time nearly all of them for the worst if you only follow derby for the glory maybe you should go and support manu

21 hours ago, toddy said:

The possible reason Wassall came in for abuse was because fans maybe thought it was just an easy task, Clement slow pass pass had not worked, but Mac had it right with these players, so just do what he had done before......But fans forget what Maclaren had done previously had not worked, weren't good enough then and we aren't good enough now, (if promotion is the measure).

The task NP has taken on is possibly much bigger than originally imagined.

I have said many times this season, the team of MaClaren had peaked, in other words,  Mac got the best out of them at that time but unfortunately that was still not good enough (if promotion is your goal), so maybe those bits of the jigsaw that do not now fit are being replaced, it is not a quick fix. You build from the back, get the spine right and the rest will follow.

NP needs at least a season for this to work

Absolutely agree. Mel probably realises he should have got a Pearson type manager in straight after the McLaren debacle. If so we may have been back on course for promotion by now, with a resilient team capable of holding its own in the PL.

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Absolutely agree. Mel probably realises he should have got a Pearson type manager in straight after the McLaren debacle. If so we may have been back on course for promotion by now, with a resilient team capable of holding its own in the PL.

Or perhaps somebody who could have continued what McClaren left behind… 

20 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Actually it failed because he played some of Clements signings in the first leg against Hull. When Wassall played McClarens team in the 2nd leg we absolutely pasted Hull and looked an infinitely better side. That side was good enough, Clements transfers are ultimately the weak links in our squad.

Who's team?

39 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Robbie Savage said someone will benefit from the team  that clough built  ,stand up McClaren.

, I doubt Clements signed a player,and Newcastle fans thought the same as forest fans about ability of McClaren to build a team

Robbie Savage need to be quiet. 

Archived