Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

OK, I am not advocating that he gets the bullet.......yet.  However, I heard quite a few moans and groans last night about Pearson, his team selection and the tactics he is adopting.

I get the feeling that the tide is turning against him and that folk are getting a bit disillusioned with our new manager.  What are the view of others?

Should he go or should he stay?

For me it is stay for now, but if things do not start to pick up in the next dozen or so games I reckon we should bring someone else in that can keep us in this division.

Who, I don't know a this point in time.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard Mourinho claim that part of ManU's problem is getting rid of the van Gaal possession based philosophy for more adventurous (traditional ManU) play.

I think that (obviously on a different level) Pearson has the same problem with some Derby players. It was drummed into them not to lose the ball, play sideways, backwards, any way to keep it. This is taking time to change to a more direct (not hoofball) faster approach. I think it will come good sooner rather than later with the new blood in the team.

So: No Mr Pearson should not be shown the door this season at least.

10 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

OK, I am not advocating that he gets the bullet.......yet.  However, I heard quite a few moans and groans last night about Pearson, his team selection and the tactics he is adopting.

I get the feeling that the tide is turning against him and that folk are getting a bit disillusioned with our new manager.  What are the view of others?

Should he go or should he stay?

For me it is stay for now, but if things do not start to pick up in the next dozen or so games I reckon we should bring someone else in that can keep us in this division.

Who, I don't know a this point in time.

i want someone to get us out of this division [ upwards] .That man may or may not be NP.

What you've got to think of, is if Pearson got sacked tomorrow , who would you like to come in? Schteve Bruce? Don't think he would improve us to be honest, we have swapped and changed too many times to know what specific manager could bring us hope as it was..

Another question I have is, has Chris Powell bought anything to the club at all? The initial reaction when I heard the appointment of Nigel/Chris is we have two managers and two seperate perspectives on our play with championship experience. But we just look so so poor at the moment, square pegs in round holes.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

FFS, we have just played one of the best sides in the country and we beaten, but what did you honestly expect?

We are a championship see going through a transitional period.

Expected a better effort and more ability on show.

This transitional period how long do you think it will last!? What utter rubbish, Pearson is a tactical dinosaur who has a decent squad he seems unable to use.

13 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I just heard Mourinho claim that part of ManU's problem is getting rid of the van Gaal possession based philosophy for more adventurous (traditional ManU) play.

I think that (obviously on a different level) Pearson has the same problem with some Derby players. It was drummed into them not to lose the ball, play sideways, backwards, any way to keep it. This is taking time to change to a more direct (not hoofball) faster approach. I think it will come good sooner rather than later with the new blood in the team.

So: No Mr Pearson should not be shown the door this season at least.

Erm... Did you watch us much under McClaren? That was the most adventurous, attacking football we've played for years... The players started taking risks again... 

I would agree about the Nigel era and DEFO the Clement era... But not overall... And I actually think looking at the team at the moment they're playing LESS adventurously... Pearson's way is organised, disciplined defending... Which seems to be working a little bit (not much) but seems to have sapped every ounce of attacking intent we have...

I just feel like Bill Murray as this topic comes up after every game now and whilst I share the anger and frustration with how the season has started but it's ridiculous to even think or ask the question of firing a new manager in September. 

For it to come again after a cup defeat to an in form top 6 Premier League club is boggling my mind to be honest.

Managers must be given a full season, Clement, Wassall, Pearson otherwise it will be Groundhog Day at Moor Farm. 

And the utterly laughable call that seems to be gathering momentum with "Angry from Allestree" or "Mardarse from Mickleover" on some of the phone-ins and post-match analysis, is the "get Wassall in now and McLaren at the end of the season"  call - what utter, utter twaddle.

I remember the Fester fans, 3 years ago were calling for exactly the same thing - "get rid of Pearson", "no tactics", "doesn't know his best team" etc. etc.

I'm sure Mel has every faith in Nigel Pearson to turn things around and restore confidence and instil resilience into this squad. 

There seem to be two types of people.

Firstly, there are those who have enjoyed the last few season who are baffled as to why Pearson has decided to rip everything apart.

Secondly, there are people who seem to absolutely despise our players for not giving them the Premier League football they are entitled to and are furiously jacking themselves off over the fact that Pearson is deliberately upsetting and unsettling those players at the cost of results and performances.

We shouldn't sack him. He's looking like a shockingly bad appointment right now though.

As I have said, I am not advocating getting rid, but the big worry for me is we seem to have taken several steps backwards on the path to glory and Pearson seems to have lost the way forward on the path.

The perceived lack of desire is more worrying for me at this point in time.

Archived