Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

This great football you talk about . You mean under mclaren for 18 months? Because it sure wasn't great to watch under clement .

Yeah I'm talking about that period, which we had flashes of under Wassall. Clement tried to change it to something much more negative but he had the results at the time so it was kind of hard to complain about the style. Good results or attractive football keep fans happy, one season we had both, then we had one, now we have neither. Bit frustrating really.

I think we're witnessing a total (and painfully slow) change in the way NP wants us to play.

Problem being that it's a total bore to watch and almost nothing to show for it. I don't care who scores but we need to, and soon.

If I were NP, I'd be getting quite worried. I know managers need time to change hearts and minds but NOTHING is happening up front. If we're still around the bottom come late December, I would expect him to get the tap on the shoulder.

3 minutes ago, joooools said:

I think we're witnessing a total (and painfully slow) change in the way NP wants us to play.

Problem being that it's a total bore to watch and almost nothing to show for it. I don't care who scores but we need to, and soon.

If I were NP, I'd be getting quite worried. I know managers need time to change hearts and minds but NOTHING is happening up front. If we're still around the bottom come late December, I would expect him to get the tap on the shoulder.

There is a scenario where success and eventual promotion under NP is a 4-4-1-1 (or even 5-4-1) formation and each game being won 1-0 on the break or a set-piece, one minute of excitement and 89 mins of us containing the opposition and boredom.

I wonder how this forum would respond to that?

4 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

There is a scenario where success and eventual promotion under NP is a 4-4-1-1 (or even 5-4-1) formation and each game being won 1-0 on the break or a set-piece, one minute of excitement and 89 mins of us containing the opposition and boredom.

I wonder how this forum would respond to that?

Personally I want to be entertained by what I call good football ( away from home be as boring as they like if the relusts come) 

9 minutes ago, ahalftimereport said:

Why Nigel Pearson's struggles at Derby County should come as no surprise:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/21/why-nigel-pearsons-struggles-at-derby-county-are-no-surprise/

There is some nonsense in this story, "12.5 million for Vydra" and ""a flurry of players departed in the summer"-  so I probably make this rest of the article as utter rubbish as well.

On 21/09/2016 at 09:45, Anon said:

There seem to be two types of people.

Firstly, there are those who have enjoyed the last few season who are baffled as to why Pearson has decided to rip everything apart.

Secondly, there are people who seem to absolutely despise our players for not giving them the Premier League football they are entitled to and are furiously jacking themselves off over the fact that Pearson is deliberately upsetting and unsettling those players at the cost of results and performances.

We shouldn't sack him. He's looking like a shockingly bad appointment right now though.

HOw about the category I fall into, those who enjoyed very much the football in McClaren's era, but would like to see a change to a more effective tactic? 

And before some smart-arse comments saying "Pearson doesn't have any tactics", just because you're struggling to see what they are currently does not mean they don't exist. How can you possibly see what tactics he's trying to employ when we're on the back foot so often?

20 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

HOw about the category I fall into, those who enjoyed very much the football in McClaren's era, but would like to see a change to a more effective tactic? 

And before some smart-arse comments saying "Pearson doesn't have any tactics", just because you're struggling to see what they are currently does not mean they don't exist. How can you possibly see what tactics he's trying to employ when we're on the back foot so often?

Surely the fact that a team, that for the last 3 years have dominated possession in games, are now constantly on the back foot, should be ringing alarm bells for NP?

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There is that, although I am not sure what a real supporter is these days.

5000 less season tickets could equate to £2m though which is a big hit when probably already struggling with FFP

Will mean for certain that a player will be sold/or they will not be able to buy a top striker.

Also still have Blackman, Johnson wages to pay

On 21 September 2016 at 10:03, dajstrawb said:

I think at the time of Pearson appointment, we all agreed that we had great footballers, who played great football, and we were just missing that 'fight' to go with it. It seemed that Pearson was brought in to add that 'fight' to compliment our style, however so far all we have seen is our footballing identity thrown clean out the window and the least fight shown since our record breaking prem attempt

This is a very concise way of summing up how I feel, I was going to a massive post but just bringing this back up is far easier.

I'd argue we've shown some fight and by no means do I think we have bad eggs playing for us, but the entire squad feels massively demoralised right now.

Depressing stuff.

5 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

and not the stand full that clapped Coutinho off the other night

Why is that not a real supporter ? Didn't mean anyone was supporting our team any less ? He was fantastic too watch and some people were in awe of him . The people who are not SUPPORTING there team are the ones that are moaning , groaning and booing after 20 minutes when we're not 3-0 up and playing like barcelona . 

Archived