Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't he start clearing the click (sic) sooner then?!

Really not sure, but a few possible reasons your endless repetition of the same question seem to infer you've not considered might be:

• Because he couldn't source players who fit the system
  • Because those that would were unavailable
  • Because those who were available were wanted by bigger clubs
  • Because those who were available and not wanted by bigger clubs were too expensive
  • Because he needed to ship players out before buying
  • Because those who were not subject to any of the above constraints were no better than those they would replace
  • Because he wanted to give those already here the chance to show they could adapt to a 4-4-2
  • Because many Derby 'fans' would have dissolved in their own bilious clouds of froth if he'd cleared out the players they think ought to be playing

Any of the above sound remotely plausible?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, toddy said:

.....I have said many times this season, the team of MaClaren had peaked, in other words,  Mac got the best out of them at that time but unfortunately that was still not good enough (if promotion is your goal), so maybe those bits of the jigsaw that do not now fit are being replaced, it is not a quick fix. You build from the back, get the spine right and the rest will follow.

NP needs at least a season for this to work

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

At no point in time, when calling for Wassall's head and for Pearson to be instated, did you say this.

In fact it was quite the opposite. Pearson was going to be the experienced manager who would have got us promote, if appointed last February instead of Wassall, and he was the man who could get more out of the players.

Yes, I agree at no point did I.........but if you actually read what I did actually said '' I have said many times this season ''.

Please move on, your continual whining is becoming tiring.

12 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes, I agree at no point did I.........but if you actually read what I did actually said '' I have said many times this season ''.

Please move on, your continual whining is becoming tiring.

Ah well done, so now we are rubbish you have decided we need a complete overhaul...well done you.

Now you know how a lot of us felt reading your 'Waffle' and 'we need experience' posts last season.

The only real difference between my whining and your whining is that despite my misgivings about NP, I would love to be proven wrong and for the team to succeed.

can't believe there is 14 pages debating wether Pearson should be sacked! We are halfway into building a team in his mould! Sacking him would be disastrous for all of derby county! Can you imagine the media uproar? Holloway would have a field day! I can't believe some of the so called fans wanting him out! There's a transitional period happening! Support the team or go and watch burton! 

I've resisted from reading the potential 13 pages of drivel and decided to stick my ore in . 

Firstly I can't believe we're even having this discussion off of the back of a defeat to a team which I believe will be challenging the top 4 in the premier league . 

Although it's been hard at times and sometimes frustrating , I personally believe we will get out this small rut we find ourselves in . 

In a way I'm pleased NP hasn't resorted to last seasons tactics. It shows he actually has a plan and a vision of the way he sees us playing . 

I've been hard pressed to try and envisage the way this 4 4 2 but it will work , I have faith ! It's just taking longer to adapt that NP originally planned.  Let's not get het up and make silly knee jenkins decisions.  Let's face it it's not just this season , I can count on one the number of good performances we've had in the past year ! This is a team who needs direction , who needs a leader and most of all needs support .

Sorry for the rant/ rallying call but I needed to get that off my chest . Better now . COYR 

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

can't believe there is 14 pages debating wether Pearson should be sacked! We are halfway into building a team in his mould! Sacking him would be disastrous for all of derby county! Can you imagine the media uproar? Holloway would have a field day! I can't believe some of the so called fans wanting him out! There's a transitional period happening! Support the team or go and watch burton! 

How long do you give a transition period? If heaven forbid we went down do you still continue with the transition? 

I think he will come good but just playing devils advocate. 

First of all this "transition" is well and truly self inflicted by the Billy Davies-esque doing you transfer business late and half done.

Also he talked qbout promotion this season in pre-season and minor tweaks so I don't see why everybody should praise/have 100% faith in him for the terrible job has done SO FAR.

33 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Anyone who decides not to play the resources given to him to their strengths needs serious questions asking about them whether it's someone managing a football team or the local pub bar staff

Or maybe he has seen that those resources have failed to get us promotion three times in a row and wants to try something different, with a different style and different players, in order to get promotion.

However, imposing that style on a squad conditioned to play one way and one way only, and getting those players in (and some out) takes time and a couple of transfer windows, and I'm happy to give him it to see how he gets on.

We won't get relegated, so the worst that can happen is we do exactly what we have done in the last few years, kick off next season in the Championship. Not that much of a gamble really.

Archived