Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should be given a bit more time but not too much end of the day going down would be ***** for this club and so far that's the direction we are heading at this point I am not happy with the job he is doing. If it does come to the sack I wouldn't mind ****** Warnock till end of season. 

Under transition? Explain.

These exact same players have shown the capabilities to be amongst the best in the division on their day, how the heck is struggling to string two passes together against the likes of Burton and Barnsley a transition period?

Sure we played a Premiership side, but how many ex Prem or current internationals were in that Derby squad last night? It's hardly like we fielded a second string side. Show some friggin fight when we are losing and I might show abit of sympathy towards this crop.

We should be going into any game regardless of the opposition with the attitude to win in, we show too much respect for sides like Liverpool and Newcastle. That's why I wanted Pearson, to get over this negative mental block the players have installed 

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Under transition? Explain.

These exact same players have shown the capabilities to be amongst the best in the division on their day, how the heck is struggling to string two passes together against the likes of Burton a transition period?

Sure we played a Premiership side, but how many ex Prem or current internationals were in that DCFC side last night? Hardly like we fielded a reserve side.Show some friggin fight FFS.

Looks like he has lost the dressing room. Then again if i had been there four years or more, and he started changing it to a system which didnt suit us as a team, and started kicking out the linchpin of the side, i'm not sure i would play with the same passion anymore. All it takes is a few players to not buy into what Pearson is preaching, and for his methods to not suit you and your head might drop a bit. Obviously the results going against you contribute to this too. I said it from day one, that we didnt have the players or charcters of a Pearson side, and if we do persist with Pearson then a whole new load of Pearson signings will need to come in to make us good. His players, and new players who want to play for their new manager. WE will have to essentially rip it up and start again with just a handful 2 or 3 players contributing to the new squad.

Whilst most fans wanted Pearson before he joined us, due to his track record, I was never convinced he would want to buy into what we had built over the last 4 years. The term "getting us over the line" was used. Well to do that you have to tinker ever so slightly with what was good before. The minute you start ripping everything up because the players cant do what he wants, surmounts to a massive rebuilding job. And a massive rebuilding job wasnt required.

Monk and Martinez would have been better fits IMO.

52 minutes ago, toddy said:

Walsall was in temporary charge till the end of season, he was here to try and get us over the line. No change of playing staff and so no transitional period.  last season was a continuation of 3 years of not being successful  ( if that is measured by promotion).

A clear out of players and a rebuilding job is needed here and obviously MM and NP have agreed that is the way forward.

If you knew he was only here until the end of the season to try and turn around an underperfoming team then why were there all of the hysterics?

If you knew we were a failure of a team which needed a clear out why did Wassall come in for such abuse?

When did the clear out of players become necessary?

NP was supposed to be the experienced manager you craved,  one that would get extra out of the players we already had to get us over the line, the wonderful man manager, the one that would put round pegs in round holes. I will ask you once again...What changed?

It's the manner of the performances for me. We haven't looked good. I can't see a glimmer of hope at minute. If we win on Saturday it's all very well but to me that highlights how poor the opposition is not that we've turned a corner. If we lose Saturday then I fear for us. Any kind of win is needed although it may only paper over the cracks. If the players were pressing and putting the effort in I wouldn't mind so much but it is so frustrating at the minute. We have the players but something just isn't clicking. 

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

In short - no. I believe Pearson will turn around the club's fortunes given time and patience. It will take time for the players to adapt to a new style. I would only consider sacking him if we were in the bottom 3 after Christmas.

Not me.

There's some great places in League 1 I haven't been to for a fair few years.

Sack Pearson. No.     But he wasn't my first choice. He needs more time. I think we sacked Clement too early although football was boring and never had the same team 2 weeks in a row. I remember he wouldn't respond to the fans at Fulham as he came from tunnel the week before he was sacked. The next few league games will show us more. We need some stability again. We have played some good football under Mac but still failed on the big occasions. Last night was very disappointing. Plus Road works all the way home for me. (1 am home) But I still be will be there on Saturday.

I firmly believe NP should be shown the door. I don't believe there are any signs that our fortunes will see an upturn. I have been watching football at Derby for 45 years and I played football at a reasonable level; I could go on to give a reasoned argument based on evidence; however,I'll just say footballers are human beings; human behaviour is a function of an interaction between a person and the situation. I just don't believe NP has a coherent strategy, I don't believe he communicates properly to the players (they don't seem to intuitively grasp what he's trying to do, if indeed there is an NP plan) and that extra fillip that you get as a player playing for somebody who inspires you is just missing from the vast majority of our players who have demonstrated that they can beat most teams in this division. In my view, we have made 2 incorrect managerial selections (PC and NP) but we are deluding ourselves that we should give NP more time because it will look like reflex-reactions to sack another just now. Well, Watford sacked 4 managers the other year...where are they now?

For those who say "NP did it with Leicester so he's proven" I say Billy Davies did it with us...is he a good manager? Also Paul Jewell....Wigan and Bradford...ditto...where is he now? Still wearing the brown cardy probably...

NP just doesn't suit us; he doesn't suit the players, and I don't think many of them even like him. He doesn't inspire me, he doesn't even know what his best Derby County team is. Derby County have gone from a team that excited and thrilled to one that is dull and quite joyless to watch. They have no self-belief and I cannot see where the next goal is coming from let alone the next win. 

I really hope I am wrong and will willingly eat the egg from my face if time shows that I am.... I am a fervent, keen Rams fan and always have been but as a season ticket holder I no longer have any vestige of excitement...not even a tingle for the forthcoming home game on Saturday. It reminds me of the Tommy Docherty period...a clown of a manager, who quipped like a clown and who sold very good players, dis-mantled an entire squad and replaced them with mis-fits and unheard-ofs. 

Plenty will disagree with me and that is their right...but I do not see anything changing nor any catalyst that will come from NP.   There's an excellent post above quoting MM at the NP Press conference about "just getting us over the line", meaning we just need a few tweaks. Well, perhaps NP wasn't listening because, for reasons best known to himself, he seems to believe that wholsale, radical shake-up is required. The team isn't performing under his watch...they performed prior to his watch...so what's changed? It's perfectly obvious really, you just need the courage to say it.  

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I firmly believe NP should be shown the door. I don't believe there are any signs that our fortunes will see an upturn. I have been watching football at Derby for 45 years and I played football at a reasonable level; I could go on to give a reasoned argument based on evidence; however,I'll just say footballers are human beings; human behaviour is a function of an interaction between a person and the situation. I just don't believe NP has a coherent strategy, I don't believe he communicates properly to the players (they don't seem to intuitively grasp what he's trying to do, if indeed there is an NP plan)...

For those who say "NP did it with Leicester so he's proven" I say Billy Davies did it with us...is he a good manager? Also Paul Jewell....Wigan and Bradford...ditto...where is he now? Still wearing the brown cardy probably...

...It reminds me of the Tommy Docherty period...a clown of a manager who sold good players, dis-mantled an entire squad and replaced them with mis-fits and unheard-ofs. 

Plenty will disagree with me and that is their right...but I do not see anything changing nor any catalyst that will come from NP.    

Well said Ellafella. The Doc aye? *shudder*

42 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

It's the manner of the performances for me. We haven't looked good. I can't see a glimmer of hope at minute. If we win on Saturday it's all very well but to me that highlights how poor the opposition is not that we've turned a corner. If we lose Saturday then I fear for us. Any kind of win is needed although it may only paper over the cracks. If the players were pressing and putting the effort in I wouldn't mind so much but it is so frustrating at the minute. We have the players but something just isn't clicking. 

Yes the performances are underwhelming for sure. It may all take a bit of time, and patience.

It's going back a bit, but it kind of resembles the time when Lionel Pickering came to DCFC and allowed Arthur Cox to spend big. Despite a few play off failures it never quite worked with that expensively assembled group of players and Roy McFarland subsequently spent  a whole season dismantling the squad. When Jim Smith arrived he more or less started again from the ground up and gained promotion after a poor start. Perhaps Pearson, like McFarland was back then,  is in the dismantling phase?

It does amuse me that some people accusing us of being a laughing stock in the recent past are now advocating dumping Pearson at this stage.

For me, he's got to have the season at least - unless we're in the bottom 2 come march time - which I don't believe for a moment we will be.

I don't like what he did in the summer transfer window, mainly because he did NOTHING until the last week of the window, he had a whole pre-season and one transfer window to start to change things to his philosophy,

It seems like  a clever BIlly Davies ploy to buy himself more time, he can easily say "oh I am starting the changes and wait til January 2018 for the full judgement" don't like this thinking at all and I think at the end of it we will be further away, as he the guy who discovered all the gems at his former club is working at Everton now!

Have DCFC changed the recruitment team because since Mel/Clement era it has been god awful.

Archived