Should Pearson be shown the door?

oldtimeram

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont want to fuel speculation but Ive already heard more discontent and dark mutterings about Pearson than I ever heard about Clement or McClaren before they were sacked. Well I did have some inside info about McClaren but that was only right at the end.  

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

So in your eyes with the current midfield options , we can't play a 2 ? 

Err....yes.

That is my point and the point of many others. NP has imposed a system on a squad that doesn't have the component parts to make it work and only started to change those component parts at the last minute. 

It's not just last night. It's not just the results. It's not just the position.

It's the joyless football and the combination of ignorance and arrogance that imposed a system that suits the manager but not the players

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Err....yes.

That is my point and the point of many others. NP has imposed a system on a squad that doesn't have the component parts to make it work and only started to change those component parts at the last minute. 

It's not just last night. It's not just the results. It's not just the position.

It's the joyless football and the combination of ignorance and arrogance that imposed a system that suits the manager but not the players

Suppose we will have to wait and see ! Let's hope he can prove you wrong . 

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I dont want to fuel speculation but Ive already heard more discontent and dark mutterings about Pearson than I ever heard about Clement or McClaren before they were sacked. Well I did have some inside info about McClaren but that was only right at the end.  

Well you are. Fuelling speculation that is

Very true there @Ambitious but if anyone went to Bristol (which I doubt the majority who are calling for his head did.) then they would have seen progress. 

Who would we get in if he got the boot? 

Wassall? Very much 4-3-3, no holding striker or cdm available at the club at this current time so would be largely ineffective. Would produce the same 1 in 3 performance that we were acostomed to last year. 

Bruce? Billy Davies? Dougie freeman? 

Not many out there without paying compo. Mel chose Pearson so let's stand by our chairman! 

38 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Very true there @Ambitious but if anyone went to Bristol (which I doubt the majority who are calling for his head did.) then they would have seen progress. 

Who would we get in if he got the boot? 

Wassall? Very much 4-3-3, no holding striker or cdm available at the club at this current time so would be largely ineffective. Would produce the same 1 in 3 performance that we were acostomed to last year. 

Bruce? Billy Davies? Dougie freeman? 

Not many out there without paying compo. Mel chose Pearson so let's stand by our chairman! 

We need to stand by him , help him along the way . A few bad results and us not playing like barcelona and people calling for his head , it's crazy it really is . A lot of rams fans need to get a grip . We have no God given right to be in the premier league , if we did , we'd be there . Let the man do his and job and we can carry on doing ours . Totally agree with you @deanoakaram4life.

No one can fault Pearson on team selection against Liverpool.

The players he's bought recently could not turn out for the EFL (we'd still have lost anyway).

Green shoots of recovery are beginning to show.

We're good on possession and looking OK generally., albeit clueless in finding the net.

(It's that stuff hanging behind what looks like a white bus shelter BTW!)

One day soon we will double our goal tally in a single game and then... Double figures here we come!

Keep Pearson but make him earn his money as well as respect, say I.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

We've got Blackburn, Reading, Cardiff and Leeds in the next four games. If we fail to win any of those and we're in the bottom three on the 15th October then I doubt very few people will be backing him. 

We will almost certainly be in the bottom three if not bottom should we fail to win against Blackburn & Cardiff. If that is the situation I somehow doubt that the powers that be will wait until we play Reading & Leeds before taking decisive action of some description. Both Reading & Leeds are also on a recent run of good form which won't help our cause.

16 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

We need to stand by him , help him along the way . A few bad results and us not playing like barcelona and people calling for his head , it's crazy it really is . A lot of rams fans need to get a grip . We have no God given right to be in the premier league , if we did , we'd be there . Let the man do his and job and we can carry on doing ours . Totally agree with you @deanoakaram4life.

You've got it the wrong way around. Pearson has been employed to get us to the premier league at all costs. Which is why people are standing by him during this unnecessary 'rebuild' and defending his more direct (and in my opinion, negative and boring) style, the sole purpose of which is to achieve promotion. People are upset because he's not only destroying the great football we've played over the past few years, but also his results have been disgraceful so far. I'm not calling for his head yet, but these next for games are absolutely crucial. If he comes out of these next four winnable games with anything less than 4 points then questions need to start being asked.

Ask this question in December itll be more relevant. 

Its not the way I would have gone,but as its this way now,changing again is going to cause more greif than it says. 

I dont anyone thought it wasgoing to be this miserable, but I think most accepted it was going to take time. 

We'll all feel a bit.more rational once weve scored a few and have a few more points on the board. The players will be better for tgat as well.

Never bought fully into the pearson hype but expected more from him and the rest of the coaching team than we've seen thus far.

We're in a difficult short term place. The person who needs to be clear in his thinking is Mel as only he really knows what pearsons pitch was and whether or not he has gone off piste.

For all the arguments about whether or not we needed to rebuild,  the first phase has been deeply disappointing as we appear to have failed to solve any of our "issues" and created some new self inflicted ones.

Given we have set the squad personnel until the next window then Mel has to be convinced that there is somebody out there who could achieve more with this group of players. 

Don't know how the manager is managed but if there were such a thing as a 6 month review then it is unlikely to make great reading for nigel in terms of progress against what I thought the objectIves are.

Promotion.

Improving players.

Developing players from the academy. 

Attractive /exciting style of play.

D- for me so far.

6 hours ago, lrm14 said:

You've got it the wrong way around. Pearson has been employed to get us to the premier league at all costs. Which is why people are standing by him during this unnecessary 'rebuild' and defending his more direct (and in my opinion, negative and boring) style, the sole purpose of which is to achieve promotion. People are upset because he's not only destroying the great football we've played over the past few years, but also his results have been disgraceful so far. I'm not calling for his head yet, but these next for games are absolutely crucial. If he comes out of these next four winnable games with anything less than 4 points then questions need to start being asked.

This great football you talk about . You mean under mclaren for 18 months? Because it sure wasn't great to watch under clement .

You do realize that the football we used to play is long gone? Not because of the manager choosing that way. it's because teams know how to play against us now. Sit back and wait for us to get in there then close us down and not give us space and wait for us to make a mistake etc.

Wigan was the blueprint of these tactics and teams have followed. Teams no longer try and match us with silky football Brighton being one of only a few teams over the last year or two to actually try and out play us. We have never found a resolution as it is nearly impossible to. Maybe we should play 10 men behind the ball to spook them out and counter attack? Who knows.

Bring in any manager and it'll be the same we need to stop being light weight now and go for powerful players (Bit like Snodgrass, Gray, Leadbitter). I don't think Vydra and Wilson fit this bill no matter how good they are/used to be.

Agree with the above. Even under McClaren we needed way too many opportunities to score and were utterly  clueless as a defensive unit with no plan B. Yes it's always fun to watch an attacking team but at the end of the day we weren't very good at it - as wembley showed. A half intelligent manager would soak us up and score easy counter attack goals. So you need to be more solid and/or far more efficient at attacking and scoring (as Leicester and Bournemouth were in their promotion seasons). Neither team defended well as memory serves  but they attacked and executed! Truly good attacking players need very few chances to score. 

Archived