Bristol City v Derby

CumbrianRam

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15 September 2016 at 22:43, McLovin said:

I do love a keeper who has good distribution. One of the few things Grant has over Carson, drives me nuts the amount of times he kicks it out of play. His  stance before kicking it is very bizarre too, it always looks like he is going to miss the ball, resulting in an own goal. 

You have a very short memory. Grants distribution was absolutely awful. The main reason I was glad we signed another keeper when he was our number 1 (even more so than him throwing the ball into his own net) 

When we finally score Owen Bradley is going to sound like that Norwegian footy commentator that went crazy when they beat England. :thumbsup: 

Coyr .. Good luck today lads .. Derby expects every man to do his duty and come back baring 3 points. 

15 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Arrived in Bristol and currently at the Wetherspoons. Come on Rams!!! :) 

Enjoy Bristol!

If you get time, get round to the harbourside. Really nice bars and restaurants on a nice day like today. Plus you get to see the SSGreat Britain and the Matthew.

I'll be in Bedminster for a pint later and am finally looking forward to the game.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Enjoy Bristol!

If you get time, get round to the harbourside. Really nice bars and restaurants on a nice day like today. Plus you get to see the SSGreat Britain and the Matthew.

I'll be in Bedminster for a pint later and am finally looking forward to the game.

Cricket club??? if so then I'll go there before the game. 

7 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Cricket club??? if so then I'll go there before the game. 

That's where I'm planning on heading, was a doddle to get on M5 last year and steady walk to ground with no drama's, so not setting out until 10.30-11.00, usually only takes me around 2 hours ish.

Looking forward to this with nervous excitement, as many are starting to write us off, I reckon we could actually surprise a few today.

C.O.Y.R

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Enjoy Bristol!

Just don't get run over by the random train. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

You have a very short memory. Grants distribution was absolutely awful. The main reason I was glad we signed another keeper when he was our number 1 (even more so than him throwing the ball into his own net) 

His distribution may not have been perfect but it was better than Carson's is now. I remember when Grant got injured and we brought in Butland on loan, nearly everyone said that we missed Grant's distribution from the back.

Safe trip to all who come down, think this will be a close game.

It's only a matter of time until it clicks for you I feel, and you have a very good record against us, so despite how things have been I am not confident going into this game.

It will be interesting to see how Lee Johnson handles this. Last year when we had 2 bad results in a row it was expected as he was bringing us away from relegation, today he has the task of picking up a team that dominated Rotherham but drew because of 2 awful defensive errors, and then went on to throw away a 2-1 lead and a man advantage, by missing a penalty, having someone sent off and conceding to a 96th minute goal all without being able to pick arguably our best 2 midfielders.

Main player to look out for on our side is Tammy Abraham who is on loan from Derby, and, depending whether he turns up or not, Tomlin.

I fully expect Derby to be at the top end of the table come the end of the season (predicted 3rd pre-season!) and given our record against you, this could well be the day to kick-start it for you.

35 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Enjoy Bristol!

Never been to Ashton Gate, on my hit list.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Safe trip to all who come down, think this will be a close game.

It's only a matter of time until it clicks for you I feel, and you have a very good record against us, so despite how things have been I am not confident going into this game.

It will be interesting to see how Lee Johnson handles this. Last year when we had 2 bad results in a row it was expected as he was bringing us away from relegation, today he has the task of picking up a team that dominated Rotherham but drew because of 2 awful defensive errors, and then went on to throw away a 2-1 lead and a man advantage, by missing a penalty, having someone sent off and conceding to a 96th minute goal all without being able to pick arguably our best 2 midfielders.

Main player to look out for on our side is Tammy Abraham who is on loan from Derby, and, depending whether he turns up or not, Tomlin.

I fully expect Derby to be at the top end of the table come the end of the season (predicted 3rd pre-season!) and given our record against you, this could well be the day to kick-start it for you.

Since we have a player called Tammy Abraham???? You meant Chelsea...

Archived