Bristol City v Derby

CumbrianRam

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only foresee a draw at best. I just hope we at least score a few goals, if only for players confidence.

To be totally honest the crucial games will be later this month at home to Blackburn & away to Cardiff, anything less than 6 points from those two games isn't worth even contemplating frankly.

20 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I was enthused last night. Result was terrible but I saw glimmers of hope. 

Not sure about Wilson at all though, and I don't see Hughes and Bryson in a two working for us. I'd have Butters inside with them, and go one up front. But it's not the Pearson way...

I don't think Pearson will change, but has Vydra ever played as a lone striker, and if he does, can Hughes and Bryson get close enough to him to make it work. He's no Martin but there's evidence of quick and clever feet which might bear fruit. Plus, them pair just being closer might make through balls a bit easier and more frequent.

I think it'll be Vydra and Blackman up front, apart from that, same team.

Mitchell 

Christie - Keogh - Pearce - Lowe 

Johnson 

Bryson       Hughes

Anya                                     Ince

Vydra 

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Mitchell 

Christie - Keogh - Pearce - Lowe 

Johnson 

Bryson       Hughes

Anya                                     Ince

Vydra 

I don't rate Johnson for us but it's about freeing midfielders to go on and play with and beyond Vydra. 

We have to start becoming so obvious and rigid. 

So if this team played then I would be hopeful. 

But it could still end up looking like 43-----2------1. 

But yeah, get something in that DM that frees up Bryson and Hughes. Especially Bryson who is pretty much pointless in our half unless we don't have possession. But on the edge of their box he's a reliable hold on the ball really.

If there's one thing Bristol can do it's score goals, unfortunately at the moment we couldn't score if our lives depended on it... All in all it's quite concerning, I just hope the improved performance drives us on in this one- I do think we'll get our illusion goal here, although I still predict another defeat

Same team but Ince in for butterfield imo, nothing against butterfield I think he's an excellent player- but we need Ince on the pitch and he's more suited to that role- he certainly could be one to break the goal duck

No chance of Butters being dropped, he played very well on Tuesday out of position yet again. It amazes me how he, Ince and Johnson are only allowed the one chance here and there whilst others are picked continually without justification. Fair would be allowing them a run of games in their actual positions, regardless of form. All three were a big part in us being top of the table last year. 

Dropping Shackell got a huge thumbs up from me. I hope Pearce too can get the run of games all players require in order to perform at their best. 

Really think the wide midfielders/wingers are not doing enough ie getting to the byline and getting crosses in, it seems to be the job of the full backs. So we may as well go with wingbacks which means extra defensive midfielder in, allowing Bryson and Hughes to operate more advanced. Heres my team.

Carson

Keogh                   Pearce

Hanson

Anya        Bryson               Hughes      Ollson

Ince

Vydra               Wieman

Bristol City fan here,

Looking forward to Saturday, in reckon it will be a tight game, we seem to score lots but also concede lots and we are yet to have a full strength defence due to injuries, whilst our keeper has been making a few costly errors recently especially from long shots tbf

Our captain Gary O'Neil has been brilliant this season but is suspended so our midfield may look weak especially if Korey Smith isn't back to full fitness.

Going forward we have been a different animal, Tammy Abraham is one of the best strikers in the league in my opinion, and when he's on form lee Tomlin can change a game single handed.

You can expect us to line up like this:

O'Donnel

Little          Flint                      Magnusson            Goldbourne

Pack                     Smith

Paterson                Tomlin                         Bryan

Tammy

Looking forward to see a good few of you on Saturday for a close game!!

24 minutes ago, BristolCityfan said:

Bristol City fan here,

Looking forward to Saturday, in reckon it will be a tight game, we seem to score lots but also concede lots and we are yet to have a full strength defence due to injuries, whilst our keeper has been making a few costly errors recently especially from long shots tbf

Our captain Gary O'Neil has been brilliant this season but is suspended so our midfield may look weak especially if Korey Smith isn't back to full fitness.

Going forward we have been a different animal, Tammy Abraham is one of the best strikers in the league in my opinion, and when he's on form lee Tomlin can change a game single handed.

O'Donnel

Tammy

Don't worry we can't score for 5h1t at the moment. 

1 hour ago, BristolCityfan said:

Bristol City fan here,

O'Donnel

Tammy

You're bothering with a keeper???

I wouldn't change our line up too much from Tuesday - they looked superb first 45 and just need that goal. Go again with:

Carson (on parole)

Christie   Keogh   Pearce   Olsson

Butterfield   Hughes   Bryson   Anya

Vydra   Weimann

Archived