Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It seemed they were trying.

I the spirit of rebuilding i have switched from single malt to Teachers.

if it get much worse I'll have have to switch to Bells........relegation and it'll be lidl on brand................................:unsure:

It certainly seemed like some were trying. Anya for example. Keogh is class ,and he puts a shift in.  and so is hughes  of course. Not much else to say.. Bryson did well ok but we won't boss midfield with only hughes and Bryson. Full backs not good enough.. Shackell absolutely unbelievably bad with his distribution. Powder puff in attack. A bench full of misfits. Boy do we need surgery ,... Oh **** the transfer window is shut. 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Absolutley clueless, as soon as I saw that line-up I knew we would lose. I have never seen a team lack so much of a gameplan it is stupid, players running around like headless chickens, Newcastle cutting through our midfield like butter and Pearson doing nothing to change the system at all in the game. Even under the crap days of Clement you could see what system we were trying to player, but I have no idea what Pearson is trying to do.

Pearson needs to get this team playing soon.

He tried to inject some pace ,,, but I agree there were some headless chickens out there. 

25 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

The issue here is the midfield are not functioning because in a 4-4-2 you need a destroyer in the mold of George Williams, Seth Johnson or Robin van de laan and the only one we have fit at present is Bradley Johnson who is not in the team. Bryson and Hughes require a defensive midfielder behind them to work properly but this means going away from the 4-4-2 formation. After seeing Anya I think the diamond formation would best suit these players with Vydra and Wieman up front.

Remember Hughes' debut on the left wing, he was awesome, best debut ever. If we insist on playing 442 then he can't play in the middle.

Anya Bryson Hanson/Johnson Hughes midfield, if Bradley can turn his season around?

59 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Good grief.... Will there be any situation when Pearson gets blamed?

Will there be any situation where you don't blame Pearson? I agree with you that Pearson needs to take his share of the blame (I've no idea what his end goal is atm or what he is trying to achieve with these tactics), but to suggest that the players are blameless as you do is equally ludicrous. We have watched them completely fall apart for three seasons now - mentally or physically weak I don't know which, but they don't seem to have it in them to do it for a whole season. I would also argue that whoever was in charge of our transfers last season should be thrown off a bridge - none of our purchases last season really improved the squad. Personally I think there are problems all over the place atm - players, manager, coaches are all to blame, but I don't think we would do any better under any other manager. Even if you brought Mclaren back right now he would still struggle especially if he tried to play 4-3-3 since we still don't have a replacement for Thorne.

50 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Currently Pearson has a worse record than Wassall... So DW managed to get better results and better performances out of the same team.

46 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Yeah course,,, He didn't have to face Barnsley and Burton...

39 minutes ago, cannable said:

We drew 1-1 away to Brighton under Wassall.

They equalised in the last minute from a corner and had arguably a stronger XI out on the day.

The league is a lot stronger now than it was for Wassall. He didn't have to play two teams full of Premier League quality players who make us look like beggars with their riches - Villa and Newcastle and Pearson also managed a draw against Brighton, but didn't concede this time. I liked Wassall as our manager and I am willing to give Pearson a chance, but to compare the records of the two at this stage is utterly ridiculous. If that is what we want to do though lets see how we do against Ipswich since Wassall lost to them last season.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

All this 'blame the players is bull-cr@p! We've seen what they can do - Pearson was surely bought in to get them to do it when it was difficult, when their 'heads wobbled'. Instead he's carved us apart and then replaced us with worse than Clough...nice one Mel, f*cked it up again!

Yup. Bottle it 3 years running. 

We need Thorne back asap as Hughes and Bryson can't boss the midfield.

i want to believe in NP but as others have said, I'm alarmed at how disjointed we look with what seems like a mish mash of players trying to gel. All of NC's good work followed by SMc seems to have been forgotten when you look at the bench creaking under the weight of those transfer fees.

if Mel and Sam are happy with this shift in philosophy then NP has to be given this season (and most importantly another transfer window) to sort it out, the new players need to settle in and that bench needs to start knocking louder to get on that pitch.

and wtf Carson was doing for the second goal I have no idea, bottled it!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All this 'blame the players is bull-cr@p! We've seen what they can do - Pearson was surely bought in to get them to do it when it was difficult, when their 'heads wobbled'. Instead he's carved us apart and then replaced us with worse than Clough...nice one Mel, f*cked it up again!

What's Mel done now? He signed the manager the majority of fans wanted. He's spent money on more players and has given the manager the go ahead to get rid of players who don't fit in with his plans.

As for 'carving' up the team, there are more 'old regime' players who are seriously underperforming that could be moved on for me.

Patience....!! Give him until Xmas before you even begin to start drawing conclusions.

Just now, Chester40 said:

What's Mel done now? He signed the manager the majority of fans wanted. He's spent money on more players and has given the manager the go ahead to get rid of players who don't fit in with his plans.

As for 'carving' up the team, there are more 'old regime' players who are seriously underperforming that could be moved on for me.

Patience....!! Give him until Xmas before you even begin to start drawing conclusions.

Mel is there to get the best manager he can, not who the fans want!

Give Pearson until Christmas and we'll have sunk into obscurity.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Will there be any situation where you don't blame Pearson? I agree with you that Pearson needs to take his share of the blame (I've no idea what his end goal is atm or what he is trying to achieve with these tactics), but to suggest that the players are blameless as you do is equally ludicrous. We have watched them completely fall apart for three seasons now - mentally or physically weak I don't know which, but they don't seem to have it in them to do it for a whole season. I would also argue that whoever was in charge of our transfers last season should be thrown off a bridge - none of our purchases last season really improved the squad. Personally I think there are problems all over the place atm - players, manager, coaches are all to blame, but I don't think we would do any better under any other manager. Even if you brought Mclaren back right now he would still struggle especially if he tried to play 4-3-3 since we still don't have a replacement for Thorne.

The league is a lot stronger now than it was for Wassall. He didn't have to play two teams full of Premier League quality players who make us look like beggars with their riches - Villa and Newcastle and Pearson also managed a draw against Brighton, but didn't concede this time. I liked Wassall as our manager and I am willing to give Pearson a chance, but to compare the records of the two at this stage is utterly ridiculous. If that is what we want to do though lets see how we do against Ipswich since Wassall lost to them last season.

Sorry, do you mean the Villa and Newcastle squads that were relegated? 

Was relegation cancelled last season, so Wassall didn't have to contend with the riches of say Burnley and Hull?

Apart from the result, I actually feel quite positive. I see some improvement and think the new signings looked promising. I'd like to see this team to face Ipswich:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olson

Johnson

Bryson Hughes

Ince

Vydra Wilson 

Need a bit more steel in the midfield to help the midfield runners. Russell needs to be dropped I do not understand why he is in the team

Archived