Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

I thought they tried tonight, at least (not like Burton). We look a little lightweight in the middle, no cutting edge in the final third, suprisingly still in the game at 1-0, im glad the manager gambled towards the end, but it didn't work out. It will take time, but clutching at straws, i saw enough to hope, we will turn the corner soon. Also we have had a tough start fixture wise.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Perhaps you should enlighten us all, as what you believe  Pearson should do ?

Easy to say "tactics" over and over and over again.

A precise answer would be nice.

Could it be that the standard in the Championship has been rising year on year , and Derby are still stuck in the Derby Way of 2/3 seasons ago ?

Collective fault , not individual 

Read the whole context of the conversation rather than using one quote. The tactics we have been using makes up most of the thread...

Watched this with a pub full of toon fans in Whitley Bay. They weren't impressed with us or them. 2 poor teams with 2 goals that won't be repeated any time soon. What worries me is the lack of chances created. They were always going to sit back and let us come on to them, what work did we do during the week to try and break them down? Russel, Ince poor. Blackman, oh dear god. I still believe, but this is painful.

1 minute ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Perhaps you should enlighten us all, as what you believe  Pearson should do ?

Easy to say "tactics" over and over and over again.

A precise answer would be nice.

Could it be that the standard in the Championship has been rising year on year , and Derby are still stuck in the Derby Way of 2/3 seasons ago ?

Collective fault , not individual 

Stop Carson punting on to opposition players heads or in to touch.

Stop Shackell punting on to opposition players heads or in to touch.

Stop Olsson from taking it sidewards or backwards with his first touch every time.

Stop Russell from running into opposition players.

Come up with a system that can enable Hughes and Bryson to play further forward.

They would be my suggestions to start with.

13 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I was talking about within the system Pearson employs. Completely different  attitude and system used now than when he scored that many. When he scored 10 in 15 appearences, we were going all out attack, playing fast incisive football with three central midfielders dominating the play. Thats the exact opposite of what's happening now and Bent is poorer for it.

He along with every other striker is going too struggle right now with whats being dished up for them.

I don't feel overly negative about tonight. In fact think we played better today than against Brighton and Villa, at least for 60-70 mins, last 20 was shocking. There was nothing in the game, Newcastle converted a half chance (a stunning goal) and a calamity at the end when we only had 3 defenders on the pitch. That was it, we had a couple of half chances and should have had 2 penalties. It could have easily been 0-0. On another day we would have edged it. Sure it's still nowhere near where we need to be but for first time can see what he's trying to do and can see signs of improvement 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Stop Carson punting on to opposition players heads or in to touch.

Stop Shackell punting on to opposition players heads or in to touch.

Stop Olsson from taking it sidewards or backwards with his first touch every time.

Stop Russell from running into opposition players.

Come up with a system that can enable Hughes and Bryson to play further forward.

They would be my suggestions to start with.

Or get Mel to sell up 

59 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Blackman did more today than Russell has all season! At least Blackman was lively and linked up well with Vydra when he came on

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah! Too funny for words that. Blackman instead of ... ie Martin or Bent or even god forbid Ince!

2 minutes ago, Finch said:

Or get Mel to sell up 

The only serious hope we've got, is that Mel has got the money to help us ride this out and build again.

31 minutes ago, needles said:

There's no point booing them. They just aren't that good. No point criticising the manager either. He can only piss with the dick he's got.

Would have been better if he hadn't shipped his balls out!

The manager picks the players - we've seen what they can do, he was supposed to make them better. Like Mac did after Clough!!!!!

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The players wanted Clement out and they got him out, their performance against Hull in the play offs meant that Wassall wasn't going to given another chance either.

Sound Macca.

If these bunch of nonces try to do this to Pearson too, I say replace them ALLl with the youngsters.

Thet cannot do any worse than this shower.

Except the three newbies of course, as they cannot possibly be to blame having only just joined our illustrious  so called squad.

If this actually happens, the lunatics really have well and truly taken over the asylum.

It would be like BC at Leeds but thrice over. And perpetrated by vastly inferior players to boot, for flip's sake.

Then, it's really God help us all.

So prepare for meltdown boys and girls.

Mel, old boy, prepare to be well and truly sweetly crushed.

Ambitions dashed, investment blown.

BTW, am I wrong, but where the heck was Sam "The Hitman" Rush today? Not seen sat next to mein Fuhrer?

Trouble afoot already?

Hmmmm??

Absolutley clueless, as soon as I saw that line-up I knew we would lose. I have never seen a team lack so much of a gameplan it is ridiculous. Players running around like headless chickens, Newcastle cutting through our midfield like butter and Pearson doing nothing to change the system at all in the game.

Even under the crap days of Clement you could see what system we were trying to play, but I have no idea what Pearson is trying to do.

Pearson needs to get this team playing soon.

Archived