Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Negatively from the fans spreads onto the field. Some of the stuff I heard directed at Pearson today by people around me was disgusting. 

Glad to hear that it is out fault and nothing to do with Pearson and the coaching dream team.

Maybe if I hand my season ticket back in Carson and Shackell will stop punting the ball aimlessly.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

We were amazing in a game that meant nothing and terrible in a game that meant something. The players didn't fight for Wassall or Clement just like they haven't fought for Pearson

Ah yes... The "all the players fault and not Pearson's" routine.

Better effort, think Vydra, Wilson and Anya will improve us, but it was same old again. Didn't create. Was that because Newcastle were just too good defensively or we're awful going forward? Guess we'll find out on Tuesday. Russell awful once again, hopefully won't see him play on Tuesday. 

Massive game next now, must win. 

We had an early flurry, could (should?) have had a peno. Faded out out of it, shipped a goal, great strike but preventable. Played out the rest of the first half without looking like we had a clue how to go about equalising.

Had a bit of a flurry early second half, which petered out, and another 5 minute spell later on.

One decent shot.

Newcastle had us at arms length the whole game, just completely in control physically, and just snuffed us out. Classic away win, unruffled.

Hughes had his moments and will no way be still here come February, Bryson put the running in, Keogh tried to get us going. Anya will do for me, looks a proper wide player - might be as good as Jamie Ward.

Neither fullback could impose himself going forward, they let Christie bring it inside into traffic rather than let him go outside. 

Johnny Russell tried hard as ever, but was in fact awful. Possibly his worst game for us? Vydra tried, and showed glimpses that he might be a touch better than the string of ineffectual "strikers" we've been buying. If we're really lucky, he might turn out to be a poor mans Bobby Davison, but he won't be as good. Wilson can **** off tonight as far as I'm concerned.

Bent's finished, Ince can go if anyone will pick up his wages, Butterfield couldn't get on and that tells it's own story. Blackman, should probably be given a revolver with a single bullet and locked in a drawing room with a glass of whiskey to do the honourable thing.

The key for this season is not to get relegated, and move as many as possible out of the club. This may prove difficult with 1 goal in 6 games and a front 6 that weigh about 40 stone between them.

There's no point booing them. They just aren't that good. No point criticising the manager either. He can only piss with the dick he's got.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Glad to hear that it is out fault and nothing to do with Pearson and the coaching dream team.

Maybe if I hand my season ticket back in Carson and Shackell will stop punting the ball aimlessly.

You should have bowed down to Lord Nige and gave him a standing ovation, according to some Leicester fan.:ph34r:

We aren't the only ones to blame. As Saint ram said the players are partly to blame too as are the coaching staff.  Everyone's partly responsible which makes the task even harder

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We were amazing in a game that meant nothing and terrible in a game that meant something. The players didn't fight for Wassall or Clement just like they haven't fought for Pearson

We were set up that game to hoof and scrap… we had little intention in playing football (our strength). Johnson was utilised in some abortion of a Fellaini role for Christ sake.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I've honestly never seen a team set up so wrong in my entire life, considering the squad of players at Nigel Pearson's disposal.

He plays with two deep central midfielder and a flat front two. There was a gaping hole in the middle of the final third throughout the entire match.

Also, our wingers often pushed too far forward, meaning we had four players ahead of the ball and all marked out of the game. Meant there was no space in behind.

Newcastle didn't even get our of second gear and strolled to victory.

Just terrible.

I think that was the most disappointing thing, Newcastle weren't great, I can hardly remember Carson having to make a save....

Just now, McLovin said:

We aren't the only ones to blame. As Saint ram said the players are partly to blame too as are the coaching staff.  Everyone's partly responsible which makes the task even harder

That's a weight off my mind.

I thought I was fully responsible for parting with £500 of my children's inheritance, supporting the team but being thoroughly pissed off with the garbage being served up.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I think that was the most disappointing thing, Newcastle weren't great, I can hardly remember Carson having to make a save....

Newcastle didn't need to push forward after going 1-0. It was job done from then on as Derby currently offer next to nothing in terms of a goal threat. ONE goal in SIX games is actually funny.

That's a weight off my mind.

I thought I was fully responsible for parting with £500 of my children's inheritance, supporting the team but being thoroughly pissed off with the garbage being served up.

Haha I don't blame you. Makes me wonder what they do in training because only a handful of them can pass the ball forwards

Just now, McLovin said:

Has Pearson killed a family member or something? You seem to have an unhealthy hatred of him. The players were like this long before Pearson arrived

Not at all... I don't hate anyone. I am criticising his tactics... Something you seem unable to do because you are always blaming the players.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We've gone significantly downhill.  That can only fall on the coaching staff

Archived