Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To be honest I don't like the idea of laying "blame" at one persons door when its clearly problems that the club as a whole has to deal with.

The blame does lie with Pearson, but it lays with the players and staff, both coaching and club, just as much.

Need to sort it out together, we can't keep changing the one person we think is to blame when its clearly an issue with more than just that.

When pearson was brought in imo the playing staff needed to be totally torn apart and rebuilt to move away from mcclarens old team and fit pearsons style more, whilst also freshening up the dressing room. Now we haven't done that, we've got a team full of players who can't adapt to pearsons tactics, and a manager who won't play to the players strengths, a disastrous combo

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Bringing Bent for Shackell was completely suicidal move by Nigel Pearson. This performance wasn't overall so bad as the one against Burton, but there is still lot of work which has to be done to improve. I think this system in which Derby's midfield is playing at the moment isn't functioning at all. Some new additions are required immediately. Anya was quite good and lively. I like him lot. It wasn't complete despair display, but the road in front of us is long and winding.

Eh??????

We were losing anyway! 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Both teams who had all the momentum behind them after getting promoted. You can't possibly believe that Wassall would have beaten Brighton,Newcastle and Villa after the shambles in the play offs. We will never know but I doubt it because Wassall is struggling with the u 21s currently

We drew 1-1 away to Brighton under Wassall.

They equalised in the last minute from a corner and had arguably a stronger XI out on the day.

4 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

I never booed Wassall, Clement, Clough or McClaren

Never said you did.

There's a few thousand though for whom booing and jeering is the first resort.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Both teams who had all the momentum behind them after getting promoted. You can't possibly believe that Wassall would have beaten Brighton,Newcastle and Villa after the shambles in the play offs. We will never know but I doubt it because Wassall is struggling with the u 21s currently

We lost the first leg and was amazing in the 2nd. Show me a performance this season that is come close?

Stop making excuses for poor tactics. We should be beating Burton...

I've honestly never seen a team set up so wrong in my entire life, considering the squad of players at Nigel Pearson's disposal.

He plays with two deep central midfielder and a flat front two. There was a gaping hole in the middle of the final third throughout the entire match.

Also, our wingers often pushed too far forward, meaning we had four players ahead of the ball and all marked out of the game. Meant there was no space in behind.

Newcastle didn't even get our of second gear and strolled to victory.

Just terrible.

Some might think it strange but I was actually quite heartened by a lot of what I saw today. There were the little green shoots of hope if only they can be nurtured. Imagine if Anya had held his run half a second in the opening minute? How different that might have been?

We are though totally - absolutely totally and utterly - bereft of confidence. Evidenced by the quite shocking goalkeeping at the end of the match from a timid Carson, but in truth lack of confidence made us timid all over the pitch. Towards the end there was the opportunity to shoot on the edge of the box (a decent chance) but Bryson left it to someone else (can't remember who) and the other player left it to Bryson and the chance was gone.

The whole club is seemingly suffering from the same malaise with the U23s doing even worse than the first team so a lift isn't coming from elsewhere. We need a break and a win and we will be fine, but where will it come from? Let's hope for a few slices of luck against the Tractor Boys on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

We lost the first leg and was amazing in the 2nd. Show me a performance this season that is come close?

Stop making excuses for poor tactics. We should be beating Burton...

We were amazing in a game that meant nothing and terrible in a game that meant something. The players didn't fight for Wassall or Clement just like they haven't fought for Pearson

Watched it on Sky from the Med with a nice cold Estrella in hand so not quite as suicidal as some of the princess' on here. 

Still lacking direction for me and that should be coming from the manager and his coaching staff. We've changed the attacking players up, why not play to their strengths instead of this long ball *****. Willing to give this coaching team a lot of time but it's frustrating to say the least. 

I don't think the players are blameless however, plenty of individual errors today and still waiting for big players to announce themselves this season. Massively underwhelmed with Will again, I'm absolutely gagging to see something from him that makes me think he's going to fulfill the obvious potential he has. Another pedestrian 6/10 from him. 

Reaction Tuesday? Let ******* hope so. 

Archived